"A mysterious location"

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Kai'tanthianAcolyte, Mar 4, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kai'tanthianAcolyte

Kai'tanthianAcolyte New Member

I'm sure this question was archived, but I didn't see it.
    What is the deal with the note on the corpse east of Caladon? I don't see what you are supposed to do with the painting in the Mushroom Inn. Perhaps it's because I found the location first, and the painting second, but I don't know...

2. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

It's the final prowling master note. Put the glasses you found in the hotel room on, return to the inn in caladon, and read the note while next to the fireplace. It tells you the name of the Prowling master...

3. Kai'tanthianAcolyte

Kai'tanthianAcolyte New Member

oops

Yea the second I went back to the game, I realized what the note was for, because when I hovered the cursor over the note, it said, "clue from the prowling master," or something of the like. And since putting 15 points into PE and Prowling in order to avoid people is scarcely a need for characters, I doubt I will have any use for the prowling master's quest. Oh well. Thank you all the same.

4. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Prowling= Basically USELESS. I only got one quest where prowling was important.

5. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Well, I beg to differ and I don't. Master Training in Prowling allows you to escape fights by turning on prowling during the fight-you can then "lose" yourself and will not be spotted. However, I could care a rat's ass about this as the only time I would only see this as a possibility if I was a pure-T loner-not one follower not even dog; because they would not be able to duplicate the feat. So it's nothing I care to do but if you're going to do it, go all the way.

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I wouldn't even use it then. I'd just pull out my arcane axe and make it so that they won't be able to even walk.

7. kilnar

kilnar New Member

1 bonus of being a master prowler, you can do it in the middle of a fight, walk around behind your target and backstab him. Over and over. Til he dies. Dead.

8. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at Kilnar! It's really a pretty great advantage but in my other post I pointed out the disadvantage that none of your followers would ever be able to duplicate it so it limits the effectiveness of the skill when you can dissappear from the fight only to have string pete and the rest of his minions finish off your band of thieves. So it has it's strengths but definite limitations except for loner characters. IF you were so inclined to follow this path of a prowling master-loner, Raised by Orcs is just what you want=+2 to strength and perception (what is used for prowling) and your combat skills at a cost of -6 to charisma. Perfect background for the loner.

9. Kandelon

Kandelon New Member

Hmm...perhapse you could dissapeare, wait for your followers to die, then drag there corpses away and resurect them....
    Also, in my experience, you can get the unseen backstab bonus in turn based by going behind them and hitting sneak even if you have little to now prowel skill. Although they will still know where you are and turn around to attack they will count as not seeing you for the baskstab(s) and you will by-pass armor if you are an apprentise.

I have a charecter who is a backstabbing thief and he can run around the enemy and backstab them 3 or so times in his turn and he is only expert prowel, but still gets the bonus.

Our Host!