1. Please help us cover the costs of Terra-Arcanum's migration to Xenforo, Guest! More information is available here.
    Dismiss Notice

Arcanum High Resolution Patch Version 1.5 Release

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Drog Alt, Jun 21, 2017.

Support Terra
Arcanum:
GOG.com

1. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

It's been 8 years since the original release but the update is finally here. Funny how it goes, huh.

I'll skip the bullshit, enjoy.

DOWNLOAD

CHANGELOG:
    -- The patch is now configured and applied via a config file, no more command line prompts.
    -- Many more settings and features are now available in the config file, to be further configured by the user to their liking.
    -- The vertical position of the middle screen menus (e.g. inventory or load save) can now be set to top, bottom or center (default).
    -- Most UI graphics have been cleaned up, the top shading has been removed and full size borders have been added.
    -- Added fullscreen backgrounds to the main menu, 3 variants are available: just black, fade to black, fullscreen wooden background (also applies to options and credits).
    -- Compiled a completely new crisp sharp size 18 dialog font which is true to the original.
    -- Increased preload distance, so that you won't see stuck objects at very high resolutions. This feature is also user configurable.
    -- Increased broacast distance, so that the followers can heed your commands at greater distances. This feature is also user configurable.
    -- Splash screens are now centered.
    -- Fixed all lingering UI bugs, such as the map menu navigation button not working properly.
    -- Resolved the issue with the Half Ogre Island captain not spawning.
    -- Added options to force the game to use windowed mode, software rendererer and double buffer.
    -- Scrolling distance is no longer patched to be smaller, and both scrolling distance and scrolling FPS can now be configured in the config file.
    -- Streamlined and cleaned up a lot of code. All patch scripts are fully commented.
    -- Fixed a 'run as administrator' prompt on newer versions of Windows.
    -- The DDrawCompat wrapper is included in the patch and can be optionally installed, recommended for Windows 8/10 users.

Sagat91, Dark Elf, AxelStrem and 2 others like this.
  2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An example of bordering added to all the UI screens:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Sagat91 likes this.
  3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Looks rather sexy, hopefully someone will sticky it (I mean beyond the fact I've already stickied all over it).

Transparent Painting likes this.
  4. Langolier

Langolier Member

I dig the new font and look forward to UAP 2.0... whenever that might be.

5. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Those screenshots would be spoilers to you wouldn't they Philes? They are all after Ristezze!

TheDavisChanger likes this.
  7. Rhiyo

Rhiyo New Member

Hey! I'm new here. Thanks so much for the patch!

I'm unable to test at the moment, but I have a question!

Is it possible to scale the UI separate from the game resolution? I have a laptop with a tiny screen and this is a feature that really comes in handy, because if I use native resolution the UI is too small.

(Also, is it possible to render the window at native resolution and the game itself at a lower resolution?)

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

9. Felipe

Felipe New Member

Hi Drog, it's really good to see you back fixing/improving stuff after all those years, makes me wonder if those guys behind multiverse got something to do with it. ;)

I installed the patch and have 2 things to say about it:

Good - it's much better now than it was before, just installing and then changing configs in the .ini is much better than the previous system.

Bad - there are some micro-stutters (or hiccups) regarding the speed the characters move or the screen is scrolled, nothing serious or annoying, just reporting those because they didnt happpen on unpatched game. no idea if this can be optimized but in the case it's not possible it doesnt matter, you did a good job, better than most of ppl would do i believe. ;)

Now i'm curious to know if you came back to bug fixing/restorations, i have bugs to report that happen in the main game and vormantown.