Becket

Discussion in 'Bloodlines Hints & Tips' started by Vorak, Jan 1, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I don't know how many players we have here, but perhaps you can help me.

I'm played through this game 3 times and each time LaCroix sends me to make an alliance with the Anarchs against the Kuei Jin the meeting with Becket on the street screws up.

According to walkthroughs he's supposed to give me some warning about the sarcophagous and tell me not to open it. Instead I hear his voice call out "Wait!" and then my character is stuck on the spot waiting for him to appear, but he never shows up.

I can avoid the glitch by sneaking around to the Last Round through the sewers but I'd really like to see the meeting since its one of the only things I haven't seen yet.

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

It's nothing special from what I remember. Basically, he says "don't open it" and then leaves.

3. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Young Master Vorak might want to get the latest "fan patch" as found in a forum next door. They fix things of all calibres, right down to graphical bits 'n' bobs and things people never realized were glitches. Heartily endorsed by this spud.

4. Vorak

5. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

You weren't real clear as to whether you actually finished the game 3 times or just played it up to that point 3 times, but I'll assume the former...so just in case...

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING

I don't remember the conversation with Beckett being of real importance. He basically warns you not to open the sarcophagus and about how LaCriox has gone pyscho and what not.

***EVEN MORE POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU DIDN"T GET PAST THE BECKETT CONVERSATION***

The only real pivotal point at the end, I believe, is when you're in the Taxi Cab. At this point you can pick one of 3 sides to join, LaCroix, the Anarchs, or the Kuei Jin. You may even get the chance to shred everyone up, but I'm not sure. I've only finished the game twice myself. But I would say this is the most important part of the end of the game. The part with Beckett's warning is just a few lines of dialogue, no plot twists or anything.

Hope that helps.

6. Vorak

Yeah I've actually finished 3 times.

First Time: Sided with La Croix
    Second Time: Sided with Camarilla
    Third Time: Sided with Anarchs

The Kuei Jin and 'Lone Wolf' endings are the only ones I haven't done.

I just wanted to actually know what he says even if it doesn't do anything. I get around the whole freezing issue by going to the Last Round through the sewers.

7. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I thought the La Croix side IS the Camarilla side. I must've missed something, although it's been close to 2 years since last I played the game.

8. Vorak

La Croix trys to betray the Camarilla and take the power of the sarcophagus for himself.

To stay loyal to the Camarilla you side with Maximillian Strouss the Tremere Primogen

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Vorak

I'm glad you finally figured out how to highlight something with the mouse.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Host!