Boil bugs

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Wradcliff, Aug 4, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wradcliff

Wradcliff New Member

I am fairly certain I have the latest patch, but I keep running into these two bugs in the boil. If I try to join Clan Pollack and go to get the cask of ale from the north boil, the guy with the key who guards that hour attacks me (which is fine), but when I try to loot his corpse the game crashes. I have to just pick the lock or break down the door.

A bit later on, I cannot seem to get into the Bentley even though the doors say they are unlocked. I have to break them down.

Do these things happen to anyone else?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You've got a glitched game. Hopefully these are the worst things you'll encounter.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

That guard had a glitched mace once in my game, it just keep multiplying itself, filling my inventory and spawning a new copy everytime I tried to remove them.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

It wasn't a glitch! It was a cursed mace that multiplies when it's in an en enclosed space, such as a backpack!

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yes! Of course! I bet the curse really came into play when you got tired of selling it.

I never had the trouble with the boil, because I never tried any of the quests there. However, I have been "forced" to kill the train conductor in Tarant because he insisted that I had an animal in my party after the Worthless Mutt had died on a trip back from Shrouded Hills. Scaled difficulty encounters with the molochean hand aren't always fun.

6. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Throwing characters

I'll bet a throwing master would love regenerating maces.

Since throwing something directly from your inventory costs only 1 speed point, it'd make the game very easy. *combat start, throw 10 maces, every enemy is unconscious, followers take out anything living*

Only problem would be the undead...

7. Wradcliff

Wradcliff New Member

A new bug -- blocked in combat

Lots of maces to throw sounds great! I wish I had that bug/feature.

A new bug has popped up. A few times in combat, when I mouse over a foe it says my chance to hit is 0% and indicates brickwall (that there is something blocking me from attacking). However, no matter how I move around, this stays the same (and the foe has no problem hitting me). This has happened with the storm soldiers downstairs in the Caladon Panari temple and a couple other places -- fortunately dog did not have this problem...

8. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Technical aptitude vs Magical aptitude

Isn't that when your technical aptitude is lower then their magical aptitude?

I know that I've tried to hit some kind of blue-ish zombie once with a Balanced Sword and I also had brick wall and very low chance to hit.

9. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Might make sense if the bluish zombie was magical in any way.

Or, y'know, if a balanced sword was a technical weapon.

10. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Re-animated dead: magical (necromantic evil, 3rd degree).

Balanced sword: Technical (2nd degree smithy).

Makes perfect sense to me.

11. Wradcliff

Wradcliff New Member

Hmmm that seems unlikely.... but perhaps

So this occurred with Muck who has 0% technical and 0% magic, so he would always have less aptitude than what he was swing at. I am not sure how the magical/technical nature of a weapon interacts with the magic/technical nature of the target -- I thought it only depended on the wielder, but of course I could be wrong and should test this. Also it is not clear to me that a balanced sword counts as technical...

Perhaps, the next time I encounter this bug, I will try experimenting with different weapons. Anyhow thanks for the suggestion!

12. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Any weapon which lists a "chance for critical failure +0%" (or higher than +0%) counts as technological. And once someone is wielding a technoloigcal weapon, they had better have a high enough tech aptitude, or opponents with a high magical aptitude will become hard or even impossible to hit. And I assume that the same could apply to wielding a magic weapon and trying to hit an automaton or such, but I'm not sure about that.

13. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Magic weapons

Magic weapons act like normal weapons when no magic power is present.

E.g. Ellumyn's bow is quite useful even against automatons.

Our Host!