Custom monster AI Packets and Level Schemes

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by The Pigeon, May 20, 2018.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

I've been working on a monster with a level up scheme for my module. All seems to be fine except the scheme doesn't spend the level points unless you manually change the level of the monster in world ed. I'd be keen to avoid that as I want to use my monster as one of the random monster battles you experience in the world map.

I've looked at a creatures which make use of the "Auto Level Scheme" property and they all seem to be Archers of some kind and which use "AI Packet: 10". That attribute seems to be the only difference between my custom gun slinger and the archers in terms of automatically spending their level points.

Is there a way to make my own AI Packets so I can make my dude spend his points automatically?

Note:
    In World Ed I believe this attribute is called "AI Data" instead of AI Packet.

Edit:
    Looks like the file data/rules/ai_params.mes contains the ai packets but none of the paramters appear to affect whether they select skill points or not

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Basically the short of it is that the NPC's cannot actually level up on their own. Only the player character has such an ability. And as the PC level ups it also triggers the same process across the whole party. This is the only time an NPC can level up.

You might then ask why a lot of NPC's, even non-joinable ones, have auto-level schemes. Well, this is just for the ease of calculating their stats in WorldEd pretty much.

Our Host!