Dodge Master quest bug

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mimas, Jul 29, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mimas

Mimas New Member

Hey there, i just recently started playing Acanum again, becouse of all the crap titles coming out lately and i was longing for a good RPG. Gladly, i see the forums are still alive.

Im playing a meelee/dodge persuasive female human with electricity discipline, and im at the Garrick-Adkin mastery quests.
    I spoke with both Stout and Chambers before starting Stout's quest to rescure Lady Druella. When i did, i agreed to druella that i'll kill Stout after i receive the blindness healing potion, and so i did after receiving meelee master training, but i didnt find his eyes on his corpse, i thought its no problem, until i went back to Chambers again in Stillwater. Problem is, the only option i can choose is to cure his blindness, which way, he totally forgets about training me to Dodge master, even tho he thanks me for killing Stout.

No matter how many ways i tried to solve this quest again, its always the same result, i get to cure his eyes or he doesnt recognize i killed Stout. Either way, im not getting the Dodge Master training from him and that takes my mood from playing :/

I read through a couple of walkthroughs to see if theres a solution, but none was mentioning about any special way it needs to be done.

Maybe i can still learn from him in Roseborough? Is there any other solution to become Master Dodger incase this quest is totally bugged ? :/

Thanks in advance!

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Looks like the game glitches if you try doing both paths at the same time.

You can use Virgil's Debug Menu to make yourself a Master of Dodge, though.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

There were no problems with getting both master trainings in the 1.0.7.0 version.

Perhaps a silly question, but still worth a try: You said you spoke with both Garrick and Adkin, but are you sure you accepted Adkin's quest before killing Stout (an acceptance which is, I believe, the trigger causing Garrick's eyes to appear on his corpse)?

If I recall correctly, this is the sequence that worked in my game:

1. Speak with Adkin and accept his mastery quest
    2. Speak with Garrick and accept his mastery quest
    3. Save Druella (possibly tell her about Adkin during doing so)
    4. Get melee master training
    5. Kill Garrick, take his eyes
    6. Get dodge master training

4. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

I usually do it this way:
    1. Take Garrick's quest.
    2. Rescue Druella and agree to kill Garrick after he trains you.
    3. Deliver the special potion to Adkin and he trains you for free.

Taking Garrick's eyes seems to be the "evil" option and it's absolutely unnecessary.

5. Mimas

Mimas New Member

I have 1.0.7.4. version, at least, thats what it says under the Properties tab of the .exe

I tried every possible way of doing that quest, thank god i made a save before triggering it, but what i did was
    1. speaking to Garrick.
    2. speaking to Chambers, accepting quest of killing Stout
    3. talking to Garrick and accepting quest
    4. rescuing Druella and promising her i'll not let Garrick wed with her + i'll heal Chambers eyes
    5. bringing Druella to Stout, receiving master training, and when he mentions hes gonna hump Druella now, triggering fight thru converstation.

results: stout and a guard dies, no eyes on his corpse, Druella sends me to Chambers, Adkin thanks me and says he cannot ever repay me for my kindness....Dodge master training forgotten and no option to get it .

I tried doing only the Dodge master quest second time, receiving no meele master training and not killing Stout from conv...in that case i found the potion of cure on his corpse, but again not the eyes. Chambers thanks me again and longs for druella but thats all, dodge mastery training completely forgotten.
    Im playing a good aligmented character

Anyways i solved it by downloading the virgil debug stuff, but it just doesnt feel right.

Another question if i may.: I cant find Myrth in Stillwater...i mean theres his house but hes nowhere, is there any special stuff that needs to be done in order to make him appear? (Stillwater giant quest)

6. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Yes, Myrth appears only when you're supposed to find Qintarra.

Our Host!