GAMES!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Nov 7, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I'm playing a different game every day on a two week rotation. All modded. Current rotation:

Week 1

• Baldur's Gate (using Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod to play through as one continuous story, several graphical mods and Song and Silence to restore bards to their PnP version)
    • Icewind Dale (Today's game, some mods, mostly tweak packs and graphical mods)
    • Planescape: Torment (http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide)
    • Arcanum (Drog's mods)
    • Elder Scrolls (arena and daggerfall done, starting a heavily modded Morrowind now.)
    • Lord of the Rings Online (All weekend)

Week 2

• Bloodlines (Malkavian)
    • Mount and Blade (Just finished playing the Dawn of War series, this is starting next week)
    • Lords of Magic (Playing as Order, Air allied, chaos and earth defeated)
    • Witcher series (Starting second game)
    • Dragon Age Series (Starting Inquisition)
    • Lord of the Rings Online (All weekend)

2. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

That looks to be quite the ambitious list, how many of those games do you plan to actually complete?

3. magikot

I've been doing this for a few months and cycling in new games when I finish the previous ones.

I'm not doing the games to 100%, I consider them "complete" when the main story is finished.

4. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

I try not to let myself play games too much anymore because I just end up losing the month, but I spent a lot of time in summer with Heroes of Might and Magic III, anyone remember that? It really is pretty great. Also occasionally go back to Zeus: Master of Olympus which I loved when I was younger because I was superinto anything greekmythy, but apparently one of the later Caesar sort of won that ancient city-building genre, so hopefully I'll give that a go at some point. Also, Champions of Norrath anyone?

5. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Are you just starting inqusition or are you starting with inqusition?

6. magikot

I'm just starting Inquisition. I've finished Origins and DA2. I'm currently doing some war table missions before heading to Therinfall Redoubt.

Also, anyone know where my body building magikarp went?

7. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    On Inquisition, can you import finished saved games from DA:O and DA2? (Similar to the way you could import DA:O into DA2.

8. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Was in this?
    [​IMG]

Although I find this one of these more appropriate to the forums:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. magikot

First one. And for inquisition you go online to dragon age keep and input what your choices in the other two games were, then you save and import that game state.

10. magikot

Also, no arcanum today because it's turkey day in America.

11. wobbler

You could import save games into the dragon age keep if you have it though. But this allows for chaning various decisions you made, or try different ideas.

12. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    DA Keep. Check.
    Not sure if I'm getting in this coming holiday or if I'll have to gift it to myself.
    I'll definitely be using the Keep.
    Thanks.

13. wobbler

I recommend Witcher 3 over DA:I, the controls are a bit clunky IMO. But DA:I is good and follows the story something.

14. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Played Witcher 2 a bit via XBox360's Games with Gold. Seemed like a good franchise given my limited experience from one title.
    Then Skyrim sucked me back in....again.
    Now I'm wasting a bit of time with Dungeon Siege 3 ,also via Games with Gold. It seems to be keeping my attention so far.
    I really do like the DA franchise, so I think DA:I will own me before the next Witcher. It's the only thing I can foresee that will keep me out of Elder Scrolls for more than a month.

15. magikot

Morrowind, made an imperial custom bard. Cleared out Seyda Neen and the nearby dungeons getting a mentor's ring, a theif's ring, and lots of gold. Met Caius Cassius, robbed a Sword of Woe from the watch and master alchemy stuff from the alchemist. Joined all 3 guilds as cover and met with the rest of the Blades operatives via teleports. Reached level 2 and put a point in luck and five in endurance and strength.

16. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Inquisition is nothing but a pretty world filled to the brim with fetch quests. With awful combat and a fairly pathetic story there is really nothing to like. And don't get me started on the UI. The game is a steaming pile of horse manure.

17. magikot

I agree for the most part. They dumbed it down way too much and cancelled a lot of aspects from the alpha teasers that made it promising. Added to that the fact that they pulled their support for XBox and PS3 (if you weren't going to fully commit you never should have started), and the company left a pretty sour taste in my mouth with the game. Descent and Trespasser were pretty good DLC though. And the Dorian/Bull romance is adoribull.

18. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I don't know, we enjoy a good rant around here.

19. wobbler

While I don't know if I would agree fully, I can see the points and arguments of all the above valid.

Especially Philes.

20. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I haven't played this yet, but it looks like it may be of interest to the House: Aviary Attorney - "potentially the hottest bird lawyering game to come out of 1840s France"

Our Host!