How Good Is Prowling?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by KaMiKaZe, Dec 28, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. KaMiKaZe

KaMiKaZe New Member

Juz how good is prowling? Can someone like prowl and "disappear" during a battle if prowl is at master degree and how common will one archieve the desired result? I am playing a fighter/thief/mage right now. I am wondering if I could prowl at the end of my pharse in a turn-base combat and forced the enemy to skip its turn for it cannot find me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaMiKaZe on 2001-12-28 10:48 ]</font>

2. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Prowling is good with backstab. If a target doesnt know you're there, you will deal more damage in backstab. Same for pickpocket. If your opponent doesnt know ur there, you'll have an increased chance of suscess for pickpocket. Also, prowling can get you pass monsters, and people undetected.

3. Odi

Odi New Member

There is a particular thieve's quest in Caladon where prowling is necessary too; but I have yet to train it up. Perhaps on my next character.:smile:

4. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

also there is the quest of obtainig some perfect ruby (or something like that)
    and you can get pass the monsters(that appear if youmake noise)only with [m]mastery[/m] in prowling!
    but I perfer to fight!

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

IMHO, Prowling is one of several worthless skills in this game. Don't waste CP's on it.

6. KaMiKaZe

KaMiKaZe New Member

I am now have a master in prowl and I use it in combat with backstab and it is a very good skill esp in turn-base mode. Enemy can't attack u at all if you run to the back of them. That is much better then adding cps into dodge and invisablity. Plus it does not cost fatigue anyway allowing you to mantain other spells. Try it. Thanx anyway guys!

7. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

If it were useless the guys at Troika wont add it into the game. IT HAS A USE DAMNIT ARE YOU A NEWBIE OR SOMETHING? Opps. Sorry I freaked out.

8. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

The only way prowl is useful is if you have no followers. Otherwise you're forever telling them to wait so you can sneak up on someone.
    You spend all that time maneuvering when you could more easily have run straight up to an enemy and bashed his head in.

9. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

That's the way you cute little fur ball! Claw their eyes out until they BLEED!! Make 'em pay bounce on their heads!! Give 'em hell! What's invisable and smells like carrots? Bunny Farts! make 'em smell 'em you rule Fluffy! :bunny:

10. Lethran

Lethran New Member

The ruby quest is much easier solved by triggering the deamons and killing them. Less hassle, more experience points.

11. Helix

Helix New Member

Prowling is very useful. I have a thief with no followers (who needs them with a thief anyways) who uses a firearm with prowling mastery. I prowl and just shoot at will while my enemies just stand there. They don't even bother trying to run as I would if something was shooting at me and I couldn't see it. Yeah it does take a while before you go and get prowling mastery but have followers until then if you must. Prowling is not at all a useless skill. It is most fun to pick locks while standing right next to guards and them not noticing. Yeah this path may not be as easy as a magic user but magic users are too easy in this game.

Our Host!