How long does vampire last?

Discussion in 'Vampire Discussion' started by Joe, Dec 19, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Joe

Joe New Member

How long does vampire last?

Is it dependant on how you play or what setting (Easy or Hard)?

:p

Is it worth it to buy a great new computer for?

2. Longjocks

Longjocks New Member

Depends on whether you are the kind of player that sits in front of a screen for hours on end. I managed that in my youth, but my arse just gets too damn sore these days sitting in one place (well, mrnobodie has a lot to do with that also). So even games that people say are short, I wouldn't know as they last me months because I only play for about 30 mins every second day at best.

However, Bloodlines has drawn me in and that 30 mins can easily turn into 3 hours. I think I've put about 15-16 hours and I'd say I'm roughly 3/4 of the way through. Mind you, I'm the explorer type and I don't always go from A to B and do what I have to as soon as I get the mission. One could storm through the game in several hours though. But yeah, it depends on how you play.

One mission on a ship for example. If you're good an pursuasion and lock-picking, the mission can be done in 5 minutes with no hassle. If you're a stealth kind of guy it could take you 45 minutes to an hour. If you're good with guns or Thurmaturgy then you might have it done in 10-20 minutes.

Add to that the completely different style of play you need if you play a Nosferatu and the 5-something endings depending on where your loyalties lie then there's always the replay value to turn what could be a 20 hour game into a 100 hour game.

As far as the new computer question goes, there's not a single game worth buying a new computer for. Ever. Not unless you think it's reasonable to pay thousands of dollars for a game. If you really dig RPGs and plan on getting more next-gen games for your PC, then go ahead and knock yourself out.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

If you've got Obfuscate beefed up, it can be done in 5 minutes too. :) There are a lot of possibilities. Definately some replay value.

I ran Vampire with no trouble (800 x 600 resolution with all graphics turned up to 90% - 100%). I've got a Pentium 4, 2.4 Ghz with 1 MB RAM which is just about 1 and a half years old.

Our Host!