how to use patches?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by wolfshirtgamer, Mar 8, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wolfshirtgamer

wolfshirtgamer New Member

how do i use patches. someone said to make a copy of arcanum exe. i dont even know what that is. pls help. i want to get rid of the lvl cap and maybe get some more profiles and stuff.

2. xento

xento New Member

Okay, step by step.

1. Go to http://www.terra-arcanum.com/station/downloads/arcanum_en_1074.exe and download the patch there.
    2. Once the patch is downloaded, double-click the file and install it.
    3. Go to X:\Directory\Arcanum\ and rename the arcanum.exe file to arcanum_1074_original.exe (where X is the drive letter that you installed it to and Directory is folders that lead up to it [default is C:\Sierra\]).
    4. Un-zip the no level cap zip file with http://www.winzip.com and extract the files inside.
    5. Then copy the arcanum.exe file that you extracted and paste it in the Arcanum\ directory, and also paste the other file(s) where Canis said.

It should work now. Tell if it doesn't.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Just to be certain, you rename a file by right-clicking it and choosing "Rename".

Please do not make multiple threads like this, over three different boards. It can get confusing. Better to have everything in one thread. A mod can move it later if you originally post in the wrong forum. :)

4. xento

xento New Member

Yes, but I doubt that Jinxed will. He never really has before and, if he did, not much.

BTW, where is he?

Our Host!