In-game cinematics issue.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Narmy, Sep 24, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Narmy

Narmy New Member

So I'm having a little trouble with an in-game cinematic, but this also applies to the little intro teaser as well as the intro movies. The movies themselves are centered in the screen as they should, but they flicker as well, and then I can see the HUD around the edge of the screen which is supposed to be black.

I didn't notice it in the intro since I had already seen it before so I just skipped it, but it was very noticeable during the cinematic of Arronax's banishment encountered in the main quest.

I am running the pre-release of Windows 7 if that might be the problem, but messing with the compatibility settings didn't do anything. Does anyone know of a solution? :???:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some people reported that adding -doublebuffer to your shortcut helps with several issues on Windows 7.

3. Narmy

Narmy New Member

Already use -doublebuffer and -no3d because of input lag.

I just tested it and it seems that doublebuffer is causing the problem, but with it off I experience delays when dragging inventory objects....

EDIT: Or at least I did last time I tried it. It seems to work perfectly now with both settings off. Thanks for setting me on the right track. :)

EDIT2: *sigh* doublebuffer off is now causing even more glitches, so I guess I have to just stick with glitchy movies.

Our Host!