It was too soon.

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Lore Development Team, Jul 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lore Development Team

Lore Development Team New Member

No. Were not disbanding. The LORE Team held a quick Dev Chat in mIRC about going back to being private. Well, we fear 6 our of 11 members agreed to go back to Private Status. What does this mean? It means we were way too soon on releasing ideas and our webpage. We have decided to go back to being in the background until Dungeon of Tactics AND Dungeon of Strategy is finally completed. As for many who will probably insult us, this weekend we may release screenshots from our DoT module and perhaps a promotional video of LORE: The Fellowship of Bale. Right now though, afterviewing that the majority of the board voted taht our projects will never be made, congratulations, your the main cause we are going to leave. Our ETA on returning to Arcanum Modding is around August. Jesper Chan, your the #1 reason. That poll you made should of been edited and erased. We asked you several times. Well, we agree that we were too soon to announce our group because we had nothing to show for it. By August we'll have LORE: FoB Demo and both Dungeon of Tactics and Dungeon of Strategy complete. You may flame away, but, its your choice to say were fake.

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

If you're back again in August and with something to show for it for a change then I will welcome you Lore team (providing you grow out of the purile insults) and will be glad to try your modules.

Until then - goodbye! :wavey:

(and I sincerely do wish you luck with your module if it exists)

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't say you were too soon on releasing the web-page. TES (The Elven Saga, one of the first "big" mods to be announced) announced their intentions months before they were finished. Although, they eventually disbanded :( It happens. I think a web-site with a few details about your plans might be a good thing to have. It lets people know that "something's coming" so they can look forward to it.

I also don't think releasing a demo to whet people's appetites before full release was a bad idea. Again, it lets people know what to look forward to.

Okay, now what? You're running away because we bitched at you for not having your mod working? Honestly, if you'd gotten the mod up and people had actually seen what you've done, I think a lot of people would've changed their minds. Most of the hostility was at your "salesman" attitude and inability to admit your mod wasn't downloadable by anyone (then telling us we had the problem. First law of customer relations: The customer is always right).

I also wouldn't make any decisions based on one disgruntled persons view-point (or a lot of disgruntled people's view points for that matter). If you wanted the poll of Jasper's removed, it would've been better to contact one of the admins or moderators of the forum with your complaints. They're normally more than happy to help out. They want a decent modding community just as much as everyone else.

Anyway, it's a pity you've decided to disappear again, I was actually looking forward to this hack 'n slash of yours. It sounded interesting. I look forward to seeing what your team can come up with down the track.

4. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

i don't believe i received any messages asking me to remove that post, and your insults by messing around with my name was extremely rude, you people should be more courteous to your customers and people who provide you with sugestions that will help you improve your ways

5. Maniac

Maniac New Member

*Grabs a flamethrower and flames LORETeam*

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading through all this LORE stupidity I just couldn't help but think how similiar it was to the bullshit the "Dreamteam" tried to pull on Vault 13.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one asked for my opinion, but I think you should leave. After reading the way you insulted DarkUnderlord, I think you're too lazy complaining to get anything done.

*Snobo The Hobo*

8. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

Exuse me, hehe, I meant to sign in!

Our Host!