Maybe someone can help..? Please..?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Dan S., Jan 14, 2016.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

Hey guys! So I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for the last 2 days and I've got nothin so far... Basically, the problem is this: I looted the broken camera from Isaac Zapruder and lugged around the camera for a loooooong time and eventually either dropped or sold it somewhere only to realize that I needed it for a quest. Most importantly, it's needed to get master repair (which I've specced INT for). I've already spent hours looking around the game, retracing my steps, trying to find the camera. I am pretty sure its lost for good. So, my question is this: Is there some way I can either insert that item into my inventory (the broken camera) or perhaps restore the Isaac Zapruder corpse to its original (un-looted) state..? Any effort in helping me here would be immensely appreciated. And before anyone says anything, this is my first time playing Arcanum. I didn't know any better. I am like 100 hours into the game and restarting just isn't an option. On the other hand, if I find that I'm totally screwed and specced into INT for repair only to be doomed to never get master rank, I'm gonna rage-quit.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Thanks even more if you take the time to reply!

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

If you did sell it, I'm sure only junk vendors normally take it, so try them if you haven't already.

I'm not sure of anyway to spawn the camera or the guy's corpse - maybe people who mod the game might know better - however another work around is to give yourself mastery using Virgil's Debug menu (found here with instructions), and afterwards you can remove the dat file if you don't want Virgil consistently having those options. I think there's either an option for selecting a single mastery or for getting the highest level of training in all skills (I forget which) - if it's the latter then just do all the mastery quests you were bothered about in other skills beforehand and then use it to get the mastery. Hope that's some help.

3. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

Besides the junk vendors, that Jojobobo mentioned, I recommend checking with Ristezze in Shrouded Hills, if you haven't done so yet.
    I suppose you might've already done that, but I can't think of anything else.

4. FactualInsanity

FactualInsanity New Member

Isn't Ristezze a junk vendor? A named one, true, but still covered by the definition.
    Can anything be done through WorldEdit? I can't check, because mine always crashes.

5. Jojobobo

Indeed he is, however he is the most likely one people sell it to so is worthy of a special mention. As it's a quest related item if it was sold it shouldn't ever leave their inventory, so it shouldn't be too hard to trace given the limited amount of junk vendors.

6. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

Yes. Worst case scenario, you could kill Ristezze and check his back room for the camera.
    I'm sure that he'd still have it for sale in his shop if you've given it to him, but if there would perhaps be a bug in the game that placed the camera in his storage, but not in his shop inventory, that'd be where I'd look personally.
    Of course, it is very unlikely that he would have it stored but not for sale.

7. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

I have a feeling I dropped it somewhere or just stuck it in some dead body's inventory because I needed space at the time and got tired of carrying it. However, I did find a somewhat greasy way around this problem... I did indeed use the Virgil Dialogue debugger to give myself max repair. I got max in my other skills legitimately, and then used it just to get the last level of repair (just as you suggested, Jojobobo). That did the trick... After I finished Arcanum, I ended up starting Pillars of Eternity (which I didn't even know existed until a couple days ago). Thank you for the replies though, all.

8. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

By the way.. Having beaten Arcanum for the first time, I gotta say one thing: If you're gonna go mage, the best way to completely ruin the game's difficulty is to master Force first (which is what I did) for Disintigrate, then carry lots of blue potions.

9. Jojobobo

Blue potions is for wimps, just alternate between Arcane Staff mana bonuses if you want to go pro.

Hope you enjoy Pillars of Eternity, I'm waiting for the second half of the expansion before starting again (released in about 3 weeks).

10. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

Just to top it off, go for mastery in the Force college, so that you can spam Disintegrate even more. Otherwise, Harm is the way to go for a thoughtful mage player.

11. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

Oh I'm absolutely LOVING it (Pillars). I'm at the very end of the game with only the final dungeon and two optional mega-bosses remaining. I'm not going to beat the game until I can kill Conselhaut & the Alpine Dragon first though!

Our Host!