My game crashes whenever I try to leave an area

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Doc, Mar 13, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Doc

Doc New Member

So I've been having this really annoying bug, where if I load a save that is inside a location, one of my followers will turn into a wall with a blue portrait, and exiting the area crashes the game. I've found many people have had the wall follower glitch in the past, but this happens literally every time I load a save inside. I have a save outside the bangellan deeps and I can leave just fine. I go inside and I can play just fine, so I decide to make a save and try to leave. I can leave just fine, but when I load that save I made my follower is now a wall. There is no way to recover once your follower turns into a wall, I know that, but how do I keep my followers from turning into god damn walls? I just want to play the game for god's sakes

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

This is something I've never heard of, do you have any unusual mods installed and have you installed the UAP to fix a lot of problems? If you're mod free and have the UAP installed, maybe just try a fresh install and copy you saves to somewhere else, but otherwise I wouldn't know what to do.

3. Doc

Doc New Member

Nope, I just have the unofficial patch and the high res mod installed. I'll try reinstalling, and if it doesn't fix it I'll post again. Does uninstalling the game delete my saves?

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure to be honest, it's always better to copy them over just in case. As I'm working on a mac my setup isn't very analogous to yours.

5. Doc

Doc New Member

Well I just reinstalled, and all my saves, even the ones I had backed up are now corrupt. Fuck this buggy ass game

6. MeowsePad

MeowsePad Member

I'm sorry to hear about your saves. D: It sounds like maybe there was something wrong with your installation the first time that you installed the game. Maybe if you try to start a new game now, the issue will be gone. I know that the bugs in this game can be frustrating, but the plot and the character development really do make up for it.

Our Host!