Necromancer tips

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by John_B, Sep 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. John_B

John_B New Member

I don't know if anyone has some really good tips for playing a necromancer. Here's my tip:

My character is 26th level and has enough magic to bring his affinity up to 100%. Near the beginning of the game I took a point in the Force school to get that shield of protection.

Now when I summon undead, I get undead champions, who are quite tough. But for some reason if I cast the shield of protection on the champion he becomes practically invulnerable. My shielded Undead has killed four brute fangs at once, hordes of Gore guards, and two ore golems at once. Without the shield he gets slaughtered trying to take on multiple foes, or even a solitary golem.

Anyway, that's my tip: one little point in the force school, and your undead become much better. I'm working on the school of Summoning now, so I'll let you know if the same holds true for summoned creatures.

JB

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

3. Jo

Jo New Member

Another tip for any character including necromancers - The boost attribute spells (espicially dex)
    One point in boost dex gives me +4 dex (with 30 technical aptitute atm) which gives me more actions for spells or hits - cast it twice and you get godlike speed (especially with a balanced sword)
    The strength boost can be useful also as it gives extra hits and means you can use bigger and better weaps+shields+armour without speed penalties

4. Jo

Jo New Member

Also, while you've got the dex spell up, you can buy skills that require dex higher - See the art of thievery thread for further details

5. mztr44

mztr44 New Member

Don't forget also, if you put a couple points into electricity you can make charged rings for even more dex, 2 charged rings combined with 2 casts of agility of fire and my dex shoots up to like 21 with a base of only 9 and 30ish tech aptitude. :smile:

6. Kaldak

Kaldak New Member

i'd think that hasten would be an even more powerful spell here...doubles your speed....though i'm not sure exactly how aptitude effects it, does anyone know?

Our Host!