Norway

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Wolfsbane, Jul 25, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

It would also lowers the chances that the cops gets killed by their own gun. The cops in the Netherlands does wear guns, but they only uses these in an extreme or threating situation.

2. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

But even if the cop on the island had a gun, I doubt he'd get to use it before getting shot. After all, he only suspected the guy was weird, and a suspicion isn't enough to start blasting away, or even threaten a guy who's in a police uniform. I doubt he'd have plainly approached Breivik if he knew he was about to go on a rampage.

3. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I would argue the point of the policy if it can be broken and validated later. Then again, perhaps not having immediate access to a gun is a good thing.

It is not uncommon for schools in the United States to have a dedicated police officer assigned to a school, but I doubt every school enjoys this privilege. I am of the opinion that for larger schools, this is probably a good policy.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

PS: Norway was not the Cartoons. That was Denmark.

Considering you live right next to these countries, Arthgon, you should probably make more of an effort to know what you're talking about. The difference between you and the Danes is smaller than the distance my father commuted to work every day when we lived in New Brunswick.

5. Arthgon

Yes. The cartoons were made in Denmark. But that was not my point. My point is that a Norwegian newspaper posted and reused the cartoons as well. Thats why a man tried to kill people there. Because of the cartoons.

6. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

The man never made the attempt. He claimed the Norwegian paper which published the cartoons (one of a dozen in Europe) was a target that he might have attacked if he hadn't failed and been captured.

7. Arthgon

I actually forgot to put 'supposly planned' in that sentance. As in supposly planned to try to kill those people. But failed.

8. TheDavisChanger

That's quite a bit of fail all at once. Are you certain you're not from Poland?

9. Arthgon

No. I am not from Poland. The thing that I meant was that the Norwegian news paper published the cartoons as well. Some days later a man tried to kill people, but failed before he even got the chance. Better?

10. TheDavisChanger

For as much as I care, it was good enough the first time. You'd do well to check and see if Grakelin is satisfied, though.

11. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I keep noticing more silly things Arthgon has said. Like raising concern that Norway is no longer safe by citing four controversies and/or criminal plots over the course of six years. One of which was a failed attempt to kill people.

I'm sure if I was a Norwegian, I would have trouble sleeping at night knowing that the only thing between me and the forces of Islam were a competent police force.

12. Arthgon

More silly things? Come on.

Yes. You are right. It was only some four things. And I kind of overreact about this. Okay? Thats because we just had another crazy fucker who has killed people. And thanks to certain people some politicians needs to use bodyguards to be safe. In the Netherlands we already some political murders, and drugs killings and crazy people who kills their own families.

And yes. Norway and the Netherlands are actually quite safe against real Islamic terrorists, indeed.

13. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Most countries are equally safe against Islamic terrorists as they are aginst any other non-islamic terrorist. Probably more, since most terrorist are not muslims.

14. Arthgon

Yes. Not all moslims are terrorists. There is just a small group of extremists who uses the quaran for their own twisted ends. And so giving the others a real bad reputation. We do not need to worry about Al-quada. Thats what I meant with real Islamic terrorists.

It is just that we should not think that nothing can happen in our countries. Because it will. But we should prevent that we get paranoid or living in fear.

We in the Netherlands thought that nothing real bad would happen. Now after the political murders, crazy spree killers, parents who killed their families and theirselves and drugs murders we know better. But luckly we do not life in fear.

15. General Mandible

16. TheDavisChanger

I was curious how Colbert was going to make that event funny.

17. General Mandible

I don't really know the guy, but he managed to do it pretty well. Or, the "journalists" in question managed to make themselves look really stupid.

One of the top "reporters" here in Denmark even said, when it became known that it was a blonde guy, that he could be a convert.

18. wobbler

What I meant was that less than one percentage of all terrorist actions are related to Islam.

19. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Where is your evidence to support this?

20. wobbler

Our Host!