1. Please help us cover the costs of Terra-Arcanum's migration to Xenforo, Guest! More information is available here.
    Dismiss Notice

ScriptEd 1.50 is back from the dead!

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Dj_Unique, Apr 16, 2018.

Support Terra
Arcanum:
GOG.com

1. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

So this is another long break of not posting here, almost 10 years has passed since I started my ScriptEd resurrection project, after a little while development got halted and only now I found inspiration to continue development. So here's Build 4 of 1.50-beta: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nca0e9pawwewnya/ScriptEd_1_50-beta-build4-setup.exe?dl=0

A major code change was done to the script parser, it should now compile all possible lines properly, thanks to Anthony Bailey for doing the fixes for me (he reached me via e-mail) From this build onward I will try to refine the dialogue editor, particularly the player option editor to allow easier editing of conditions and actions via a specialized menu system that contains human readable descriptions of each command. Also going through the suggestions that 'team a' gave me in the previous thread and possibly implementing some of them.

If you install the program to C:\Program Files (x86) (if on 64-bit system), you'll need to run it as administrator. Otherwise there will be file access denied errors. If you install to any other folder, it should be fine without running as administrator.

changelog:

- Added script creation date and modification date columns to the module script loader

- fixed MES editor entry deletion: deleting the last entry would cause an access violation (only related to updating the listview)

- added a fancy splash screen on startup

- Ported code to work with Delphi 10 Seattle

- Fancy VCL style now applied to the editor

- Fixes made to the script compiler code incorporated. Thanks to Anthony Bailey for the fixes. Some lines would not compile, for example such as this one: "stat 4 of Triggerer: adjust by PC Variable 1001 of Triggerer"

- Added plugin for creating speech files using the Windows SAPI5 Text to Speech Engine. Requires lame.exe in system path

- MRU menu was not working properly in the new Delphi 10 Seattle build, functionality restored.

+ other fixes I don't remember doing, it's been a while since I touched the code.