Selling Items

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Coin, Jul 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Coin

Coin New Member

One thing's really bugging me: the lack of shopkeepers who buy items. Sure, junk dealers buy anything for about 10% of its value, but isn't there a way to sell them for a decet ammount of money?

Not that it matters, I'm a thief... Have more money than I know what to do with.

By the way, what are the best items for a magickally inclined half-elf thief / Virgil / Sogg? And what does Gar wear anyway?

2. Silpion

Silpion New Member

Shopkeepers will buy anything if you are an expert in haggle.

3. Coin

Coin New Member

4. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yah man. Haggle can get you alot of money. But, if you're smart, you'll baneful gauntlet the wise woman and steal all her money.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Sure there is, sell to normal shopkeepers. If you're magick, you will make enough money for all your needs selling magick stuff to magick smiths and scrolls to magick traders. If you're tech, up lock picking, break into smith shops at night, and you can get lots of money in gold plus weapons and armor for sale.

Gar wearns only barbarian armor suits, anything from Dark Barbarian armor to Dread Armor.
    For Virgil and other magick followers of normal human size there is no better armor than the Dread armor. Maximum protection, minimum of weight, and reaction penalty does not apply when your followers wear barbarian style armor.
    Sogg... Well he can wear and use both magick and tech. My equipment for him usually includes Large Studded Leather/Large Arcane Leather/Large Basic Plate armor, Shield of Force, any decent helmet, Charged rings if I'm tech (Fate Rings if magick), Gloves of Dexterity, Barbarian Heavy Blade and Enchanted War Boots.

6. Coin

Coin New Member

Hmmm...

Interesting, I've got quite abit of that stuff but thoughtthere would be a lot better as I went through, but then again, lv. 29 is over halfway I guess...

So wht armour for the main character? Dread makes everyone hate me :) ... I'm just using some er... Plated armour or something? It's gold. Not too shabby.

Thanks, by the way :p .

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You're welcome. Now to your second question.
    It depends on whether you are tech or magick, what race and on your combat style. Tell me what character you play, and I'll advise you on armor.

You CAN still use Dread armor in combat, just take it off when you're going into the city and put on your Smoking Jacket instead. And make sure that your followers' reaction is high enough so they wouldn't leave you when you put the Dread armor on.

8. Coin

Coin New Member

Mmmk.

My characters a half-elf thief... Fast and quite strong (Strength of Earth usually). But have thief stuff already...

Also, wats the best weapon? Using a sword of air right now because its speed is 17 (like fine steel daggers), but isnt there anything better?

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I am assuming you are magick.

Sword of Air sucks. It is good for low ST characters- but that's about it.

There is a bunch of weapons, both magick and neutral, that may be considered "the best". There is the Arcane Axe, which probably does the most damage in a single hit of all non-cursed magick weapons. There is Arcane Great Sword- slightly less damage, requires ST 20, but faster than the Axe. Then there is the Axe of Lost Time- a VERY slow cursed weapon, but when it hits- they FEEL it, and it only requires ST10. There is a Barbarian Heavy Blade- as fast as the Sword of Air, but better damage and neutral. Finally, if you are evil, there is the Bangellian Scourge- let's just say it is THE Uber sword. In the end, in the Void, you may encouter two more excellent swords- Torian Kel's Ancestral Sword (very high damage, VERY fast if you have high MA, plus a TH bonus) and Kryggird's Falchion.
    Oh and there is the sword from the pit on the Isle of Despair, also worth a try. 10-16 damage and very fast.

As for armor- try to get yourself Arcane Leather or Arcane Robes
    and use the Shield of Force Spell. At high MA the spell gives you more AC and resistances than any armor. I used to fight Fire Elementals naked with SoF spell on, and didn't get a scratch.

10. Canis

Canis New Member

Gar wears plate as well, and looks pretty snazzy in it too.

11. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well I wouldn't know. I never keep him around really. Gar is not special enough to lose a fate point over him.

12. Coin

Coin New Member

Thanks... I have the arcane mace, I'll give it a go (ST 14)... By the way, I've lost my manual, so I'm kinda lost with the two letter stats (NP, DR etc...). Anyway to find them all?

13. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Maces suck really. If you still can't get one of the weapons I mentioned, try the Filament sword you receive for Bessy Toon quest. It is the best sword for low ST melee fighters. There is also the Sword of Baltar, which you can steal from Lianna Pel Dar, the Throwing expert from Dernholm. It is a bit slower than Sword of Air, but deals excellent damage. I usually give it to Sogg until a Barbarian Heavy Blade is avaliable.

http://www.rpgplanet.com/arcanum/mixed/acronyms.shtml

14. Coin

Coin New Member

Got both of those...

Where can you buy them? Only Wise Women?

(Is there a full manual pdf???)

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

the best weapon is the YoYo of Doom. it's a throwing weapon, but still the best weapon EVER.

16. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Magick smith in Tarant sometimes sells Filament Swords, I think. The Tech smiths of the Wheel Clan, Tarant and Caladon sell Barbarian Heavy Blades occasionally.

Our Host!