Shadowrun - The Game

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Jan 27, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

(Uncle can't flip shit, the plan goes ahead, BUT-)

I can't just leave him to Lonestar. I don't trust 'em. He ends here.

Rookie looks to Mr Beard, turning off the safety and flipping the switch on her gun to automatic.

End the spell. I wanna see him react to this IRL.

A lot of screaming and bullets later, Uncle had been reduced to a puddle of blood and Rookie was more ok with the world once more.

-

In the van, Rookie listens to Mr Beard and nods in agreement to his idea. They hook up to a screen, upload the files and run the cipher.

The files, luckily, have nothing to do with the harvesting operation. They're data about new runtimes and source codes stolen from a major electronics manufacturer.

Well that's a relief, Rookie says and sighs. Let's get back to Caesar and report in.

---

Mission accomplished. Mr Beard, Rookie and Spider can split 50K between them (suggestion: Rookie and Spider 15K each, Mr Beard 20K for special services).

Mr Beard, Rookie and Spider gets 1 karma point each for completing the mission.

Mr Beard and Rookie gets 1 additional karma point for rescuing the children.

---

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Mister Beard accepts the bonus gratefully.

You get the impression that, whatever made him so poor to begin with, is about to happen again.

OOC - great game, thanks! Mr Beard retires to a gambling cruise for two weeks and is back on the streets in a month. You can use him as another npc contact.

3. Wolfsbane

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, if you wish, I can begin to run another mission in a few hours.

Stand-by.

5. Wolfsbane

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Since you're online now, make it a few minutes.

7. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

CHAPTER TWO

Caesar doesn't have any work available but he has an interesting piece of information for Rookie.

Certain parties have been asking about the disrupted orphan organ supply chain.

As a gesture of good will, he supplies Rookie with a name and face of the man - a low level yakuza enforcer - and his assurance that he does not do business with such people.

Caesar ends with a hint that, although he can't make promises, he might be able to find a buyer for any 'excess equipment' that any 'further disruption' might cause.

8. Wolfsbane

Taking the hint, and taking it seriously, Rookie goes through her list of associates and invites them to a get-together at the usual bar at the usual time.

So, she says to the gathered individuals, this isn't about a mission. Not as such. But there's this league that needs taking down... and fast. They're harvesting kids for organs, and I can't let 'em.

A somewhat pained expression flashes across her face before she continues. There's no set payment, but we might have some coin coming our way for this. Think of it as a favor, which I intend to repay if you help me out. In or out?

9. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Mister Beard is out of town.

Spider has done alright for himself just as a chauffeur, so he feels like he owes Rookie a pro bono. Just as long as he can stay in his rig.

Another runner has also answered the call, referred by Caesar, an angry young Cherokee man who introduces himself as Bullseye, and doesn't seem like the boastful type. [character sheet pending]

Just show me a target...

10. Wolfsbane

(So I'm gonna wait a bit more for Yuki and/or Zanza to join, if they still wish. I'll probably move ahead sometime in the weekend).

11. Wolfsbane

Outstanding. So I know the guys name, and I know what he looks like, but I don't where he's at - only that he works for the yakuza. We're gonna have to find him somehow. You guys got any contacts good for that, or are we gonna have to knock on doors?

12. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Neither Spider nor Bullseye have any relevant contacts, but Spider knows Seattle well, and says he knows a few likely yakuza hangouts.

They pile into the spidermobile and cruise through Little Tokyo. There are several small businesses who almost certainly pay protection, and a number of nightclubs and gaming bars which definitely have ties. It's going to be a long night...

Flip perception (Int, no pool) target number = 3 heads. Keep flipping until succeed, or until critical fail (zero heads). Record all scores.

13. Wolfsbane

Fliplist
    1/3
    3/3

Rookie grows more tired by the minute, stakeouts not being her forte. She's about to fall asleep, head leaning on against a window, when suddenly she sees something...

14. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Luck was with them tonight. Their target is working the door at an expensive looking club and they spot him from the van after just a few hours.

He is short, squat, wearing a silk suit and is entirely bald, but obviously made of pure muscle and an accomplished martial artist. Those with streetsmarts can plainly see he is a dangerous motherfucker.

Shall I kill him?

It seems as though Bullseye has a very specific skillset. It is up to Rookie to decide how to proceed.

15. Wolfsbane

Yeah, but not yet. I wanna toast him 'bout the league first. Keep on driving Spider, but park nearby. We're gonna try to take the fucker with us.

Having parked the car, the trio convenes in council.

Ok so either we take him right now, toting our guns or playing him somehow, or we wait 'til he's homebound and snatch him then. What do you guys think?

16. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, I ain't moving from this chair. Just try not to mess up the seats back there, whatever you do.

Just tell me when to shoot.

It looks like Rookie is responsible for the planning.

17. Wolfsbane

So much for democracy... Ok, we'll get him when he goes home. We'll set up an ambush, grab him and get the fuck away before anyone else has time to interfere. Let's find a good place for the setup. Drive, Spider.

Flips Stealth for setting up an ambush. 3/7 flips succeeds.

18. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Some hours later, the club closes and the target leaves by the back entrance, heading toward his very expensive looking sports car around the corner.

Before he reaches it, the van pulls around the corner and skids to a halt. In the same motion, the back doors fly open and...

[note: unarmed combat does base (Strength) stun damage. Further, all melee combat continues with opposed rolls regardless of initiative, ie, once it begins, it keeps going until someone wins. This also applies to Astral and Matrix Melee]

[you may use npcs as you wish in this scene]

19. Wolfsbane

...Rookie and Bullseye jumps out of the van, guns raised.

GET DOWN! Rookie yells at the man, ON THE GROUND! NOW, MOTHERFUCKER! DO IT!

20. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

The yakuza ducks and rolls to the cover of a nearby rubbish skip and draws a pistol. (2/4 dodge = -2 successes to hit)

Bullseye has a hair-trigger trigger-finger and shoots instantly.

Simple action, aim, +1 coin
    Simple action, shoot 4+4 coins
    Called shot, gun hand, -1 coins
    6 heads - 2 dodge = 4 successes

Soak body 3 (no armour on hand) = 2/3

Damage = nett 2+1 success = 3/5 hit points.
    *modified damage = only 1 hit point but crippled right hand.*

Before the target even aims his pistol, his index finger is shot off cleanly, and Bullseye is lining up another shot...

You're going to run out of fingers before I run out of bullets, punk.

The will seems to drain out of the yakuza, and he gets down on the ground, slowly.

Our Host!