SKULLS: I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS ANSWER!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by TRUTH IS FREEDOM, Dec 14, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TRUTH IS FREEDOM

TRUTH IS FREEDOM New Member

With regard to the Skulls Quest.

Surely, it can't be over when Tyron is kidnapped, the press reporter in Caladon turns out to be a fraud and the editor in Tarant blatantly denies ever having heard of you.

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE TO DO.

As I see it there are three clues:

Tyron mentions that there is 'a friend in the council'. The only halfway decent council member is Babcock - but after the Donn Trogg quest, he doesn't say anything more.

And then there's the half-orc guard on Thanatos. Remember how he keeps saying he loves books? If I could get the book to him that might help - but no ships will take me back to Thanatos and I can't teleport there.

Then there's the discussion by the mysterious gnome in Tyron's house in Caladon. He talks about a 'breeding farm'somwhere in Arcanum. Where is it? Has anyone found it?

Come on gentlemen, are we going to be bamboozled by a pack of steeenking gnomes? Let's bust this conspiracy wide open and have those gnomes run out of town like a common pygmy.

2. Arathorn

Arathorn New Member

I have the same problem. You can do what I did and sell the story to the newspapers, the caladon branch.

To get to Thanatos, do Stringy pete's quests, so you'll get his boat. I never saw any half-orc guard on Thanatos by the way.

3. TRUTH IS FREEDOM

It is a great quest - thought-provoking and controversial. I've heard someone describe it as the 'Arcanum X-Files' - and it has that kind of mood and feel. Nevertheless, I want to resolve the unanswered questions it poses. If that means I have to walk into Tarant with my Tesla Gun on my hip and blast every gnome into little piles of static, I'll do it - 'Tell me again, Mr. Willoughby, where is the farm? I said WHERE IS THE FARM? No? Virgil... crank up the voltage'.

4. Mael

Mael New Member

1st of all you aint talking about thatanos but the isle of despair cuz theres no one in thatanos except for nasrudin and after the caladon newspaper event theres nothing else to do(is there?), that why it was called the arcanum x-files to many questions unanswered

5. TRUTH IS FREEDOM

OK - accept my apologies, I got a detail wrong. Not Thanatos but the Isle of Despair. And the title 'Arcanum X-Files' is used by players and not actually by anyone in the game. My question still remains - IS there a way to develop this quest after the disappearance of the journalist in Caladon and, when you return to Tarant, the bare-faced denials of the editor there? Has anyone found the 'mysterious farm'? Is the 'friend in the council' identifiable? Can the half-orc guard on the Isle of Despair who has half-remembered memories of an orphanage and 'loves books' provide further help? Those are the questions I need answering.

6. Odi

Odi New Member

Most of us are disappointed with how the skulls quest ends. The Tarant Newspaper thinks you are a nut and the laboratory facilities on the island have been cleaned out. Dialogue with the half ogre guard on the Isle Of Despair only proves to further imply there might be something going on.

In my opinion this quest would be great to be continued with an Arcanum II release, a new threat, and a new set of characters.

7. TRUTH IS FREEDOM

Agreed. But now we have to wait for 'Arcanum II - Gnome Alone'. In the meantime, let's see how gnomish Mr. Willoughby likes a taste of a 40,000 volt bolt from my Tesla Gun.

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Welcome to the forum TRUTH IS FREEDOM!! :wavey:

9. TRUTH IS FREEDOM

Thanks for your welcome - but never mind that. I WANT ANSWERS NOW. Where is the Queen of Tarant? Why doesn't that dwarf get out of bed and tell me where the Iron Clan is? Why can't I make a Pyrotechnic Gun? Why hasn't Leana left to rescue the true king? Most importantly of all, who can I have sex with if I'm playing as a woman (hell, try everything once except incest and folk dancing, I say)?

10. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

How elso are their going to get us to buy Arcanum 2.

11. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

"Gnome Alone"!!! I love it! X-files no answer for ya. Let it go......

Female charecters can find companions by becoming a hooker for Madame Lil (or so I've heard).

12. Korba

Korba New Member

well, im just curious, is there any difference when doing the quest as a gnome?

addition: or a half-ogre

13. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

I can answer a few things for you

The queen of Tarant, kind sir, is very and forever dead. In the book you read, they mention that a noble, elegant woman is the first non-hooker, healthy especimen to arrive to the Breeding Farm in that island. What I don't remember clearly is who tells you that the queen was abducted after the king died (by the hand of those Jews...I mean gnomes) and sent to the breeding farm. Put two and two; voila! The queen was the vessel for one of the first succesful and healthy half-ogre newborns. The poor woman died because her birth canal couldn't take anymore punishment (a pure strain ogre is 380 cm (3 m, 80 cm) tall, I don't think a human female could copulate repeatedly with an ogre and have multiple cesarean babies without dying from the strain). This quest has a better ending in Chris Beddoes Hard Arcanum mod.

That dwarf shows an amount of buggy behavior, even though I have never had any problems in getting his quest at all. Maybe you are talking to him when everyone is sleeping. You don't miss on much (If we are talking about the same thing, I am referring to the Stonecutter Clan quest) aside from the journal of Kerghan and some scrolls (some suck like quench life and some rule like dominate will). If you refer to the ancient Iron Clan (the one you have to get keys and a stone tablet from), the game implies they are missing or deceased.

Pyrotechnic gun? There are flamethrowers but the ones from the original game SUCK COCK. Try Chris Beddoes Hard Arcanum mod if you want some decent ones.

This one bugs me BIG TIME. It would have been great to have a bloody comeback alongside Maximillian. Maybe you would have hired a mercenary army and you had to storm the castle AND take out that mage council. Failing all that, bob's your uncle.

Well, there is Belle the sheep and you get to spend some time dans la bouduoir with that gnome that created the Wellington club (if you ask him for an invitation to go inside). Sadly, heterosexual sex is only readily available for the males. One thing I don't like is the fact that you can't use sex to coerce people to do your bidding. While we are at the topic; if you use a Half-ogre character do the girls at Madam Lil's get "stretched" (does anyone remember the dirty lines from the prostitutes in Fallout 2 when you took Marcus to New Reno ("that mutant looks like he could crush me in one hand, hmmmmm") >:D).

14. gargob

gargob New Member

The useful thing if you're a technologist for the Stonecutter quest is the schematic for the necromizer.

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope, & you will NEVER get back there.

If she hadn't been killed in the breeding farm, she would be long dead of old age by now. See if there are a set of numbered graves on 1/2 Ogre Island. Her number is in the journal.

The worst case of nacrolepisy you ever saw. Enter the Wheel Clan during daylight the first time. He tells you of the Stone Cutter Clan BTW. Enter that one during daylight the first time as well.

Damn if I know. It is realy a lousy piece though. Have you looked at your tech skills & those required? Tech manuals?

She is bashful & won't leave while you are watching. I want to know why I cannot join this great crusade.

Two Gnomes, all of Lil's girls, perhaps Min Gorad, & the widow Minsk. There is a real cute Elf tease in a bar in Caladon. He will get you drunk off your ass & then NOT take advantage of you. What is wrong with folk dancing?

16. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

You cannot advance this quest further in the original game .

However you can in my unofficial mod/patch.

Just look at my sig.

17. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

A little help

Ok, I am stuck now. In the hard arcanum expansion, after you kill the gnome which killed Tyron (does anyone let him live?) there are no further leads in this quest. I found two locations possibly related to this quest but there are no clues that lead there: one location is in Roseborough and the other one is in Tarant. Mr. Beddoes, did I miss a step or two in there? I dispatched the opposition at Roseborough but there is NOTHING in there and I forced the one in Tarant (poor Gilly B) and yes it turns out to be what one looked for in the original game but is this all there is to that quest? That doesn't expose the gnomes to the public...they still win...sniff....

18. Langolier

Langolier Member

BLASTED GNOMES! I saw a post by some one on here that they just went on a killing spree in Tarant. (Killing all the Gnomes). I reccomend you try that to vent your frustration. Else you could just be a good lad and walk away............walk away........

19. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Re: A little help

SPOILER

If you talk to the real newspaperman he will tell you about that person in Tarrant .

Talk to the real newspapermen ask ask him WHO gave him that newsbit.

You will find that person dead

You find him dead just poisoned but you also get a note in his body .
    Read that note .

Then you go to Shrouded Hills in the mine .
    There you will find another dead body with another note.

Read that note in the Shrouded Hills bessie Toone mine.

Clearly someone is following you around and killing all witnesses.

The second note speaks about Rosenborough.
    Go thereto find that other man (third)
    he is dead yes but when you leave you will be attacked by the persons that did all these murders. ( The Tarrant Black OPS elite squad)
    When you kill them their bodies should dissapear by magick as to leave NO evidence.

And IF you manage to defeat them (several level 50 some of them melee and dodge masters with good equipment seven of them ) then you get a blessing .

If you get that blessing you will understand .
    I had to keep an X-Files touch in this quest.

20. katiekat

katiekat New Member

He's referring to the half ogre guard in the Isle of Despair. The one you talk to with regards to seeing the dwarf.

Our Host!