Slow Banner Ads, Firefox Shitting the Bed in General

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by TheDavisChanger, Jul 31, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Has anybody else been having issues with Firefox lately? Just now, my computer took 45 minutes to decide that it was going to have an issue with the tribalfusion ads on this site, but Flash has had a lot of issues lately in general.

My PC is rubbish anyway but just the Internet should not be this much of a problem.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I've several friends bitching to me about Firefox. I recommend they utilize chrome.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Explorer - Opera - Firefox - Chrome. That's my progression with the browsers, and unless Muro can persuade me to switch to Opera, Chrome will stay.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Personally I like Opera for its speed dial, tab grouping and option to open all tabs with a >100% zoom. It has also yet to give me any reasons not to like it.

6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I hate posing rhetorical questions, but seriously, Firefox is among the lower 50th percentile? I should have probably taken the hint when my Computer Science cohort opted for IE as his go-to.

As a part of my boycott of IE, my best option (according to Dark Elf) is to use Opera. My experience with Opera is limited to an out-of-date handheld device*,*** so I have my reservations. Maybe I should give IE another shot.

*The combination of Firefox, the Search Function, and doubleclick.net locked my computer up for long enough to brush my teeth as I search for the thread in which I responded from a Nintendo DS Lite (not a Nintendo DSi) and with the lack of immediate visual stimulus that my 21st century American brain requires found myself lost in the imagery of Firefox being Opera's stillbirth and my hands bloodied by the effort of reviving it**.

**I do hope Philip Seymour Hoffman plays me in the made-for-TV-movie and the script had better be written by Charlie Kaufman.

***Found it.

Our Host!