The Sloth Lady

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, Jan 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

There exists a "cashier" at the local store I routinely shop at who is going to die a slow, painful death. This woman is the stupidest, most inept human being ever. Every time I go to this store, I dread walking in and seeing her bloated, fat body hunched over the checkout counter, a look of absolute confusion on her face. There are other people who work at this store, however, they are usually busy stocking shelves or doing some other intensive labor the Sloth is incapable of.

A purchase of say 12 items will take about seven to ten minutes for her to scan. Sloth hasn't mastered the ability to scan multiple items of the same type all at once by simply totaling the number of said items and scaning just one. So we go through the process of individually scanning each fucking thing, which wouldn't be so bad, except it takes upward of five swipes per item for her to remember the bar code must be read by the scaner. Then comes the painful process of running my sharecheck card for payment, Sloth can't figure out how to swipe the damn thing, so she enters the numbers from the card in manually. This nightmare continues with the bagging of the purchase, this is the absolute worst part.

Although I'm sure Sloth Lady has opposable thumbs. one would be hard pressed to believe it. The difficulty in which she goes through to seperate the plastic bags is rage inducing. Sloth further torments me by double bagging, even when there is no need. After all this is done, she has the audacity to say "Have a nice day." I'm convinced her fellow workers hate her as much as I do, as is evident in the disgusted looks they give her at every opportunity. I hate that bitch.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'd like to think of something witty to say, but I can't. Truth be told, I can't believe she actually exists. Maybe it's all in your head, and your "hatred" of her is just your way of showing your love¹.

¹Yeah, sure right. Like that was ever true.

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Well, the Sloth Lady's sister works at a nearby convienience store here. Her sister works the exact same way, the only extra thing I can think of is that she has a mustache, so I'm usually grossed out by the time I get outta there. It's like conv. stores hire the ugliest¹ people on the face of the earth.

¹I shouldn't have said that. "Aesthetically challenged" would be more P.C.

4. Mael

Mael New Member

have you ever wonder that maybe
    they are mentally challenged?
    that they are maybe hmmm
    abnormal?

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

There should be a law allowing cutomers to punish staff for bad service ;)

6. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

No, and furthermore, I could care less. I would still hate her just as much. There are certain jobs "handicapable" people are cut out for, cashier is simply not one of them.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Her brother works at a gas station in eastern Washington state. He once locked me & 3 other customers out of the place after we pumped our gas & wanted to pay. He was playing a joke on a coworker & couldn't figgure out how to unlock the door. I now avoid the whole chain as they will rotate him & I never want to see him again. No mustache on this one. With all the compentent folk out of work, it is surprising that the unemployable, who could only find work during the boom, are still working.

Our Host!