Tulla Magic schools buttons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Val, Dec 17, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Val

Val New Member

There are "buttons" with pictures of the schools of magic on them in the brick/ground in Tulla. When you step on them they glow in the color of their magic.

I have already done the Pelojian quest. I wonder if the non-pelojian buttons, the buttons of the schools of magic are for an ArchMage quest. I haven't figured out these magic schools buttons. Sometimes when I step on one it leaves all the others lit, sometimes it unlights another one. I haven't figured out a pattern.

I have not done any of the master quests for mages, but my character has learned all the magics for Divination, conveyance, temporal, white necromancy, force, meta, air and fire. Also learned harm from black necromancy.

Any hints or spoils? I've been stepping on these things for 3 hours to no avail!

2. Lagash

Lagash New Member

I think I've heard about that once... it seems the mural Jorian wants you to see it the clue, there're magick colleges with little symbols around them... those symbols are from the known colleges and you have follow the mural order clockwise... or it was counter-clockwise? Anyway I don't remeber what was it for! :???:

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

How did you do the Pelogian's quest? You were supposed to step on the magic college buttons in the order of the mural. There are 16 colleges, and each set of 4 buttons opens a different door to get a different book. THese books, when taken in order, tell you which of the lost college buttons to stand on, around the fountain, in order to activate Pelogian.

There are no buttons in Tulla, that are not used in that quest, if it is done how it's supposed to be (ie. not lockpicking the doors, or bashing them down).

4. Val

Val New Member

I used the unlock spell on the doors and had the books before I saw the mural. Well, thanks for telling me what those 16 buttons are for, now that I know that they won't help me since I'm beyond that quest, I can stop torturing myself. I had dreams of trying to match spells colleges in groups of 4 or trying to figure out their opposites. I finally gave in to the dreams and spent 4 more hours pushing those buttons.

Can anyone tell me which magic colleges are grouped together and which are opposites of eachother? I'm guessing that earth, air, fire and water are grouped together and that white and black necromancy are opposites. But beyond that I'm stumped on the opposites and on the groupings.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I don't believe that the colleges have to be grouped. Obviously some would fall into natural opposites, pairings or groupings, but I'm guessing that the others were made up simply by placing similar useful spalls together.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

It all has to do with the mural. Pelojian's Mural groups the 16 colleges into 4 groups (universities?) each with its own symbol. These are the symbols in the books & around the pool. Around these symbols in the mural's corners are the college symbols. They are in the order that will open the doors. They are hard to make out. Where to start & which direcion to read them in, well.... It is a fun puzzle, try it sometime.

Our Host!