Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. krille

krille New Member

Using UAP v081004 w/ UAPEXP and 1024x768.

The bug: The Master of Gambling, Gurin Rockharrow (located in The Wellington Gentlemen's Club, Tarrant), doesn't lose any cash when you play dice against him for a stake of 2000. When you win, you get 2000 but he doesn't lose any cash. However when you lose, you lose 2000 and he gets it! I was wondering what was going on as I'd won 30k+ from him and he was still at over 60k gold, I did some memory searching and found out.

At the 1000 level though, everything works like it should. When you win, he also loses 1000. However, this bug is quite annoying as I would have to win ~60 times in order to beat him, after discovering this so late. On the other hand, you have an endless source for gold (if you're into gambling) and don't mind reloading a few times.

edit: Actually, now it seems broken at the 1000 level as well. (I won 2x1000 from him, yet he gained 2000 gold.) The gentleman seems awfully broken (unless I'm doing something very wrong).

2. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Did you start a new game or load a game in progress after you patched to the UAP

3. krille

krille New Member

New Game.

4. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

That's weird. I just tried a new game (I used the character editor, maybe that's a problem?) and the same thing. Morant still doesn't take my 10k. I'm playing Arcanum + 1074 + UAP + Extra.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Catching the subway in Tarant from the station outside the university to the station at the docks actually gives you money rather than costing money.

6. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

I've killed Gilbert Bates and the day after there were no newspapers with the "Bates dead" headline. Just the random ones (I've tried several times...). :D

7. Archmage Orintil

Swyft's dialogue says she's 150 years old, yet the 3rd level divination spell says she's 330 years old.

8. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Is it just me, or did Virgil suddenly become very economical when using potions. In 1074, all the potions I gave him were used anytime someone is fatigued or near death. Now, with the unofficial patch, he never uses them. Or so rarely that I didn't notice.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't changed anything related to Virgil's behavior.

10. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

OK, thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to test it more.

11. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Greetings and three things:

1. Guards in First Panarii Temple & Bates' Mansion seem to have the same behavior (or AI pattern, or whatever the technical term is)

Whenever I kill or betray Bates in a playthrough, the guards in the temple attack me yelling "Betrayer!" or "Assassin!" Temple guards aren't intended to attack the player unless I'm missing something obvious.

2. Speaking of Bates, his bounty hunters keep coming after you if you kill him (arguably not a bug, he might have hired them before he died yada yada yada... but this happens even when you kill him right after taking the diary)

3. Rumors and Notes part of our journal differentiates between regular and "dumb" text, and I'm wondering if there's a way to make it so that entries written when we have low IN are dumb and others are normal, instead of changing the WHOLE diary every time. It would make a lot more sense. (It's probably hard coded, but just asking...)

I'm using v081004 alongside the high resolution patch, sans the Extra Pack.

I'll try to test everything thoroughly for more. Thanks again for giving us a reason to play this gem again Drog! You are the man.

12. Fromage

Fromage New Member

A gentleman never divinates...

13. Archmage Orintil

I'm not a gentleman. I'm one of the gnomes behind the conspiracy.
    I've noticed two other dialogue errors, but the hell with me, I was too drunk to save the game.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was fixed in 080604.

The flag that turns on the bounty hunters is set when you give the journal to Appleby. Of course, it is possible to add a check for Bates' death, and not turn on the bounty hunters in this case. But I'm not certain if it's really needed, it may be considered controversial.

It should be possible, but it would be a lot of work, and moreover the saves format will have to be changed a bit, so it would mark dumb entries.

Fixed. Whoever was setting her age apparently didn't know that WorldEd doesn't show racial modifiers for age (elves get +180).

15. armaxor

armaxor New Member

I seem to have such problem: every time I try to use 'explosive decoy' - I get instantly teleported to Silver Lady.
    I am using latest rroyo's WIP.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I take no responsibility for other people's work, even if it is based on parts of the UAP and its extras. Please refrain from reporting such things here.

17. armaxor

armaxor New Member

18. frosted ambassador

frosted ambassador New Member

Sorry if this is my fault in some way.

Using most recent UAP.

I went to Ashbury, killed the pigs on the farm, and spoke to that farmer person who gives you the quest to kill the pigs. I accept it. I then am uncapable of completing the quest, and it claims I still have to kill the pigs.

Sorry this is scatterbrained, I:

1) Go to Ashbury.
    2) Kill the pigs on the farm.
    3) Accept the pig killing quest.
    4) Speak about killing the pigs to the farmer.
    5) Am incapable of completing it as he claims I have not killed the pigs yet.

19. Archmage Orintil

Don't kill the pigs first. Problem solved.
    My suggestion to fix this is if you do kill the pigs first, the short turd should thank you instead of giving you the quest.

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but a little something that was brought to my attention - If you're invisible, certain NPCs like the Crash Site Agent, Radcliffe, and the Wheel Clan guards speak to you normally.

A look at the scrs for these shows there's no check for invisibility.

Our Host!