Where to get dwarven snuff?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Caltrop, Nov 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Caltrop

The Caltrop New Member

Magnus is pissed. When i ask him what's wrong, he asks for some snuff. But... I don't know how or where to get it. any help?

2. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Try a general store. There usually near the end of the inventory, along with other miscillanious stuff.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pls can ya help me? Can ya tell me what is the "Place of voices"(from book of Durins truth) and where is it???

4. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

It's in the mountains. Should be on you worldmap if you have read the book.

5. Balint

Balint New Member

I'm curious what you could have done to piss him off: kill one too many nice guys? :D Regardless, snuff shows up randomly in general stores, and with relative frequency. If you have the spell to teleport, you can just check out the various general stores in all the towns you've visited without doing the tour of the great outdoors; otherwise, you'll have hoof it. As a rule of thumb--in both my current game, and in the first one I played, when Arcanum was first released--I always stocked up on supplies that could calm nervous followers. Their attitudes towards you seem to be a bit buggy at times, and apt to swing to the negative for little reason.

6. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Never worry about your followers reactions if your a Gnome. If you cast charm on anybody (including your followers), then cancel, it will leave +10 reaction continueously.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I once pissed Magnus off by attacking a wolf. He's a little bitchy every once in awhile. He's alot bitchy all the other times.

Nice little insertion Tholton, try searching, or even just finding a topic on that subject next time.

8. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Magnus and Gar are both such sanctimonius little prisses that they are easy to piss off. I've had both of them get mad at me for killing the pigs in Ashbury, among many, many other things. It's extremely easy to get them upset with you and they are constantly yelling about something. If they weren't so useful, I'd never bother with either of them, but I do get tired of their prissy ways. :roll:

9. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

i've had magnus get annoyed just by attacking the evil people

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Me too. Magnus is a whiny little runt...

Talking about annoying followers, it's strange nobody has mentioned Chukka yet. If you like to get whined at when performing actions both good and evil, he's definately your man. I suspect that Chukka is the ultimate pacifist, getting seriously upset about any kind of action...

11. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I've had Gar or Jayna whine at me a lot more than Chukka ever has. Maybe my persuasion and charisma have been too high by the time I got Chukka each time, but he usually doesn't fuss at me. He will yell at people who attack me or give me a hard time and sometimes it seems like he's fussing at me.

12. trobs

trobs New Member

I got Magnus pissed by making him wait. I've been routinely making magnus and virgil wait when I need to break something I can't unlock, to keep them from damaging their weapons (I can't carry all the weapons my party has to keep them from using them). HOWEVER it seems that magnus (and virgil as well now) are smart enough not to ruin good weapons while Sogg and I smash barrels and doors. Virgil was really dumb about this earlier on.
    - trobs

Our Host!