Arcanum RPG book?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Turtle, Apr 3, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Does anyone know Troika's stance on there being a pen and paper RPG version of Arcanum? Do they even have control of the license to do so?

After finishing Arcanum today I thought the game would make for a wonderful PnP rpg setting. I was hoping that someone could license the setting for a full RPG rulebook.

If that's not possible, perhaps a conversion of the setting into one of the current rules systems such as D20, GURPS, or Savage Worlds.

- Anthony

2. Calal

Calal New Member

Indeed, same question. Does someone know if there' s an Arcanum PnP out there? Possibly fanmade?

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I've never heard of one, but my suggestion to you would be to do a web search on the subject. After all, that's the only thing anyone here can do to help you so you might as well do it yourself.

If you find that there IS no Arcanum PnP out there, but a significant interest then why not group together and see if you can make one? Try and find someone with a good working knowledge of the inner coding of Arcanum and it's ruleset and you have a good standing in creating a fair and workable system.

4. Aura Emenator

Aura Emenator New Member

PnP all over me

Well that's a great idea. There is a fantastic Fallout PnP at iamapsycho.com It wouldn't be difficult to do. If anyone here has any desire to get something like that started, I'd be willing to donate time and artwork. I have some drawings scanned into my coputer if you wanna see some samples, send me an e-mail at auraemenator@hotmail.com

5. atoga

atoga New Member

Supposedly, there is no existing version of Arcanum PNP. I'm with Calal, & would be willing to make one with permission from our friend Timothy. I also did a lot of work on the old Fallout PNP and am working on a 'new' version of it plus a campaign at the time being. I've just gotten into Arcanum & am interesting in making a PNP conversion of that as well. Interested? Mail me at atoga_666@falloutpnp.net.

6. bedlamx

bedlamx New Member

the arcanum setting is very close to the 'castle falkestein' rpg. this contains steampunk and magic - as well as different races. it wouldnt be too hard to create the needed add on to replicate arcanums world.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Bedlam this topic is dead, you're gravedigging.

I have heard of people trying to make and arcanum PnP, if you want to find them and get something going best of luck.

Our Host!