Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

No kidding, it's a drone/ambient album. Nothing good comes from this kind of music....

Good morning.

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Damn pubescent imbeciles, ruining everything for the rest of us!

You know I think the Meaning of Life is still their best movie, though Life of Brian is a close second. It's like their sketch material from Flying Circus but when they're really on their A-game.

As an aside I watched the audio commentary several years ago with Terry Jones and Eric Idle. One of the better bits was on the scene where the man chooses his own method of execution and is chased off a cliff by topless women, I think at that point Terry Jones says something along the lines of, "Let's just stop talking for a little while...".

Good to see more familiar faces, and hope you're doing well. Good morning!

3. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

So who of you had Russian Civil War on their bingo?

Good morning.

4. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

So.... It resolved itself in one day to nothing :/ I can't say I wasn't curious to where this could have lead to.

Good morning.

5. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yeah, by the time I found out what you were talking about, it was already over. So I guess, thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Good morning.

6. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Is anyone here watching I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson? Does anyone think it's funny? I just don't see it. There's about one good sketch per episode, and the rest are the same formula over and over again. I guess it's relatively cheap to produce, which is why Netflix keeps commissioning further seasons, but really, why bother?

Good morning.

7. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Never heard of that show. But I know netflix is a real pain in the ass for how prioritize crap shows while others (Inside Job, Paradise PD....) are left unfinished. The fans wants more seasons? We won't finance them. The creators want to continue elsewhere? We won't let them. Fuck this shit, no more netflix for me.
    Good morning.

8. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    What happened, babe?

Good morning.

10. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

One giant burning blister for each heel. But they both have healed.

Good night.

11. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Did you have to get up from the couch and walk somewhere? I hate it when that happens.

Good morning.

12. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

One of my brothers asked us if we wanted to try a place in a town near.
    20 minutes to go there by car
    20 minutes to find parking
    20 minutes to reach the place from the parking spot walking with flat shoes
    At least the brioches where exceptional
    Good morning.

13. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Right, it's lucky you didn't have your high heels on.

Generally I find that things aren't worth it. Like people say you should go and see the Pyramids. Okay, that means packing up, and getting to an airport, and sitting on a plane for several hours, and figuring out how to get to a hotel, and then the next day taking a coach or something. Then you get to the Pyramids, and they're basically how you think they're going to be. You don't see anything that you wouldn't see when watching a documentary about the Pyramids. Actually, you see more in the documentary, because that will take you inside and give you lots of extra context and background knowledge at the same time. Sure, you don't get quite the same feeling of just how overwhelmingly huge the Pyramids are, but, really, was that worth all that time and effort and money to experience? To me it seems not.

Also, it's really hot where the Pyramids are, but you can watch the documentary in a temperature controlled apartment.

This basically applies to everything. Going to a restaurant? Sure, the food may be marginally better than if you bought something similar for a quarter of the price at a local supermarket, but is it worth all that extra time and effort? I guess some people like the experience of sitting in a fancy place - not that it's fancy really, it's just more fancy than your own place - and having a waiter ask you awkward questions like "Which of these drinks that you don't really find appealing would you like to drink? If it helps with your decision, they're all identical to drinks at the supermarket, but much more expensive."

I'm pretty sure I'm not anhedonic. I enjoy a good computer game. Or at least I enjoy complaining about them afterwards. I'll happily watch a well made film or TV series. A girlfriend once said to me that I "live the life of the mind" which is maybe all it is. Actually physically doing things doesn't hold any specific appeal over doing the purely representational version of that same thing. Cooking? Boring. Playing Overcooked? Great fun. Shooting mutants in the face in a post apocalyptic wasteland? Yawn. Pretending to shoot mutants in the face in Fallout 2? Sign me up!

I'll probably grow out of it.

Good morning.

14. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I just saw a poster for a film of Blue Beetle. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. What's next, Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen?

Good morning.

15. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Sometimes it's worth to do a bit of walking :p

Regarding the superhero movies, I'm kinda bummed they didn't did Hitman and Section 8 (two of the funniest superhero parodies).
    But I can see why. I mean, Hitman (not the one famous in videogames) throwing up in Batman shoes. And also Sixpack the drunk vigilante who thinks he's like Superman, Dogwelder the man who welds dogs in the face of criminals, Bueno Excellente the guy who rapes criminals (mostly males), etc....

16. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

My thoughts on this are:

This right here (apparently we can't embed YT vids with timestamps?????)

Fun fact about one of the meaner things I'd contemplated about doing in my life, but I did at one point have a Reddit account that just posted this timestamp at people when they were impassioned about a dull or disappointing issue. I did it once or twice and then decided that wasn't productive in terms of being a human being. I guess this the place for it? I do especially like the slow scroll on the lyrics version of the song.

It's a joke of course - maybe. Good morning.

EDIT: In the cold light of morning, this was quite an arseholey post. I apologise - maybe.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  17. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  18. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    No, it was brioches.

Good morning.

19. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

I hate mondays.

Wait, it's already tuesday?!

Good morning.

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I will not tolerate any brioching about weekdays!

Good day.

Our Host!