They became pissed at me.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Rafterman, Jul 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rafterman

Rafterman New Member

While walking thru the Black Mountain Mines with Gar,Dog,Virgil,Sogg Mead Mug and Magnus(still pissed that he tricked me to slay the Schylers)

They suddenly ALL became pissed at me,not so much that they attacked me though.

Some Campains before that i conducted some experiments.
    I gave Virgil a "Invigogator",not soon after he attaced me.
    Not just in the BMC.

Anyway,i dont know if the "Invigogator-thing" has something to do with the other.

Why did they became pissed?,lucky for me,my character is very pretty.so they are not that angry at me.

I suspect that all the traps in the BMC makes them pissed,anf that they blame me.

Please help me!!!

2. Sketch

Sketch New Member

What do you mean Magnus "Tricked" you into killing the Schylers??? I killed them to, does this affect the game in some way???

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

you're supposed to kill the schylurs! to get magnus fate point.

and you have to answer their questions the right way also, just in case you didn't know.

Parmanian

4. Canis

Canis New Member

Does Magnus tell you his name if you jerk him around for the measly fate point?

As for the followers getting pissed.... Are you patched? There's this bug, you see, which involves followers mistakenly thinking you're intentionally targeting them in battle....

There should be a big flaming sticky in this forum, "GET THE FREAKIN PATCH!!!"

5. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

do you mean that whenever you attack something they say they are beginning to dislike you? I once got that with Sogg and Magnus for seemingly no reason.

6. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

there's some places that good people are fighting against you, but you don't know it. I know of one in Kree and another down in the BMC mines. just take the rep point loss and bitchin from them.

It doesn't change their reaction to you! NOW when you start killin good people all the time, better get rid of those followers and hire the bad guys. You'll never hear them bitch at you!

Parmanian

7. Luvian

Luvian New Member

Magnus lost about 60 points of reaction because I defended myself when attacked by those Paladin slaves... :x

That's one thing I dislike about this game. You are simply walking around out of combat mode, and "good" enemies will attack you, but if you hit them, it piss off your npcs. Do they want me to let myself get killed?

Same things with the Barbarians of Kree. I was walking out of combat mode, and as soon as I got close to the ruin, then all came after me, but if I defended myself, it pissed off Magnus.

Next time, I'm handing him over to P.Schuyer and Sons.

8. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I believe you are not playing with the patch! I never loose any points from Magnus with the paladins or the barb at kree. Just stand back and have magnus attack them, see what he has to say about that!

Parmanian

9. Luvian

Luvian New Member

True, I didn't have the patch installed back then.

Humm.... letting him fight them, that's a good idea... I could strip him naked before that, too. :)

10. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

After i get loghaire (lvl 35) I just have magnus wait and make things for me! same with Jayna! with cha 20, they'll wait forever it seems!

Parmanian

11. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

My secret to not worrying about my allies reaction is to be a gnome. If you use the spell charm on them it will make them charmed, of course.
    But!! It will leave an additional ten reaction on them continuously!

Our Host!