Mysterious location...?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by SkubaSteve601, Sep 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. SkubaSteve601

SkubaSteve601 New Member

On my map, in the upper right corner, there is a spot that says something like "mysterious location" what is it, and how do I get there? Does anybody know?

-SkubaSteve

2. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Upper right corner? I was aware of one near Caladon. That one, at least, you can get to after you can get to Caladon. Throughout the game, different parts of the world are open to you. You find mountain passes, bridges, boats, etc. Or get teleport if you are impatient. Eventually, you will be able to get everywhere (at least once).

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Upper right.... hmm..... What are the coordinates, like 1,1 or thereabouts? You'll get there eventually if you finish the game, but you can't get there directly via the world map so don't bother trying. :)

4. SkubaSteve601

SkubaSteve601 New Member

No no, I am a vet of the game, I bought it like 2 years ago, and played a techie almost every way, but I'd never noticed it, I was looking at the round stone in rosebourough and it had coordinates, so I looked at my world map (oh, Im using a patched version, the latest I think.) and in the very right top corner of the map, out past the ocean, theres a tiny spot, and I got so frustrated I used a trainer to try to teleport there, but to no avail, I am completely stumped on this :(

I do appreciate your input tho :)

-SkubsSteve

5. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

The coordinates on the stone in Roseborough are for the Mannox mystery quest. The numbers are pace counts (sort of). At least, they are if you are referring to stuff like like SE 15, NE 20, etc. Check a walkthrough for the Mannox mystery if you want to know how to use them. It's pretty hard. Or are you finding more coordinates there? The spot on your map, it's actually labelled, and is a normal circle like all the other real locations?

6. SkubaSteve601

SkubaSteve601 New Member

I got help on what it was.

look on your world map when not in town, and look up near 'coords 1,1. Around there you'll soo a tiny purple thing on the corner, no circle.

-Skubasteve

7. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

8. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

OK, I see it. You got help on what it was. But not here. What was it?

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

10. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

My question was about the mysterious location, of whose identity SkubaSteve said he discovered, not your comment on Canis's avatar.
    You know, on topic.

Hope that clears things up.

Now, dude, what's at 1,1? I've finished the game twice and never been there, as far as I know. Unless that's where the Void is. Um, is it just where the game stores the Void?

11. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Oh, hahahahahahahahahah......ha..............

12. Derfud

Derfud New Member

I think he may be referring to the ruby glade, I think at one point it is called "Mysterious Location" atleast until you get access to qintarra

13. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Ruby Glade doesn't get labelled in Quintarra. No, he's referring to location 1,1.

14. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

The Ruby Glade is a good place to teleport to so you can get to Quintarra, etc.

15. SkubaSteve601

SkubaSteve601 New Member

Yes, its where the game stores the refrence point to the void.
    Why not just teleport to quintarra directly?

16. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I agree, but if you really don't feel like doing the blue bunny quest, you can teleport to the ruby glade and walk over to Quintarra after talking to the halfling who gives you the ruby glade. With teleport, you can only teleport to a known location, one that's already on your map. You don't have to have been there, but you can't just teleport to a place you've never heard of in the middle of the world map. Still, I'd rather just do the blue bunny quest.

17. Canis

Canis New Member

You'd bloody well better do at least one of those quests, becuase if nobody marks Qintarra on your map you won't get to see Raven. Oh the joyous discussions we've had about this.... "I've killed everyone east of the Stonewalls and there's nobody left to give me a quest so I forced Qintarra but Raven's not there, boo fucking hoo!" Pftt.

There're plenty of reasons to go to Qintarra early, but skipping certain game essential quests isn't one of them.

18. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure if the coordinates were 1,1 but I had one of my saved games corrupted. I finally managed to get it to load but I was a human (I had been a gnome), I had nothing in my inventory and I was standing next to an unlocked chest full of general store stuff. Oh, and there was a naked store keeper there as well.

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ROFL thats fucking awesome! how did you get the file to open? what location were you in? did the shopkeeper say anything? were you naked too?

but seriously, did you just keep clicking on the corrupted save until it opened? and are you patched?

20. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've only had the game for about 6 months. So I wanted to play it without the patches ( I think I'll patch sometime soon though).

As to opening the corrupted file I don't know why but I gave up after ages and turned off my computer. When I turned it back on the next day it opened first go, I can't explain it so don't bother asking why.

Our Host!