Forget about guard dogs! Pigs are better!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solaris, Oct 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Rabbis back Israeli 'guard pigs'

An organisation in Israel has gained rabbinical approval to train pigs to guard Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
    Until now, Jewish settlements have been guarded by men with guns and also by guard dogs.

But a new idea - guard pigs - has been thought up by an organisation called The Hebrew Battalion.

The man in charge, Kuti Ben-Yaakov, insists it is a serious proposal.

"Pigs' sense of smell is far more developed than that of dogs," he said.

"The pigs will also be able to identify weapons from huge distances, and walk in the direction of the terrorist, thereby pointing him out.

"Moreover, this animal is considered to be dangerous by Islam and, according to the Muslim faith, a terrorist who touches a pig is not eligible for the 70 virgins in heaven."

'Nonsense'

Under Jewish law, the pig is seen as an unclean animal, so Mr Ben-Yaakov has had to seek special approval from rabbis in order to begin training his hoped-for legion of guard pigs.

"It's clear that in a case like this, the ban that was imposed on raising pigs in the Land of Israel doesn't apply," said Daniel Shilo of the Yesha Rabbinical Council.

And now- a little illustration made by one of my friends:

[​IMG]

2. Rane

Rane New Member

GUARD PIGS !!! JEWISH GUARD PIGS !!! :rofl:

Oh my god, woah thats funny ... i'm crying with laughter :rofl:
    OW my sides hurt now ! :lol:

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Hehe, that's pretty funny - but remember, even though this all may sound a bit ridiculous, you seriously wouldn't want to stand face to face with a pissed off pig. They're strong, fast and bite hard as hell (believe me, I know...). You're not so cocky anymore when 100 kgs' of muscle is rushing towards you at full speed.

I also heard somewere that pigs are actually smarter than dogs. So, why not?

4. Rane

Rane New Member

Dark Elf, the point is that they're JEWISH ! Jews aren't supposed to eat or even touch pigs ... :razz:

But for the "terrorists" (even the though the Israelis are the ones killing eveyone :-x ), they won't care if they see a little fat piggy :pig: is running towards them, they would just pull out their AK's and :rifle: ...
    The "terrorists" are muslim though so they would get a little worried seeing a pig oinking like crazy and running as fast as it can towards them :rofl:

But personally if I saw a piggy running towards me (even though I am a Muslim) I wouldn't really care ... :roll: ... or would I ?

5. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

I grew up in a rural area...and it depends....

A full grown hog would make you think twice, those things are HUGE and are very ill tempered.

Our Host!