Ashbury halfling villager atacks me.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by creeper, Apr 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. creeper

creeper New Member

In Ashbury a level 17 halfling villager attacks me,he's wearing a red coat.And after I kill him 2 gaurds attack.Ive auto saved before this happens and have loaded many times.I have in my party magnus,virgil,and dog.Ive made my party wait and went alone and still the halfling villager attacks me.I can get to the pub door,turn and watch him walking down the road,then he sees me and attacks.Im playing a good tech fighter,wearing a smoking jacket.But after i kill the halfling villager and 2 gaurds everythings seems to go back to normal.Ive done the pig,boulder quest and mechanize armor quest so far.Also a woman at 12 harbor view house attacks me when i open the door.Can anybody help me?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Standard question: Are you patched?

3. creeper

creeper New Member

yep,to the latest one,v1.0.7.4. Ive gone ahead and played on,with no more trouble,but still like to know about woman at "12 harbor view".Maybe she's mad i barged in her house,but nobody else seems to mind.

4. Baal

Baal New Member

Hi Creeper! :cool:_

If you are an enemy of one or both of the gangs in Tarant a few people attack you on sight. I think he may be one of them.

A tip if you want it.
    If you haven’t already found him, run to the far side of Ashbury. There you will find a man kicking a Dog. If you tell him to stop he will give you the dog, the dog isn’t a bad fighter and doesn’t count as a follower.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

That halfling is, well suicidal. No one really knows why he attacks. I have a trick that seems to keep him decent though- right after you arrive to Ashbury and get the dog, run around the city without doing ANY fighting, and talk at least once to each halfling in red smoking jacket that you encounter. There's two of them, I believe. If you have talked to him, he usually doesn't attack you.

6. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah, one's level 18 and one's 21, I think. 'Cept I think the level 21 is a Gnome..

7. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

If this is the halfling who lives in the house by the cemetery with the halfelf woman, then he will only attack you if you are an enemy of Maug's faction in Tarant. She will also attack you on sight if this is the case. It does NOT matter if you talk to them before that or not, once you become an enemy of Maug's faction, they will both attack you if they see you. Those are the only two like that in Ashbury that I know of who will do that. I've done enough research about the game to know that this is definitely why those two do attach you and one of the reasons I did it was because it puzzled me about why they didn't attack at the same time on every character I played. The guards attack you for whatever reason - they are their friends, on their payroll, generally nasty guys or maybe just really good guys.

8. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Really? I seem to remember that the suicidal halfling attacked me before I even visited the Boil- which I usually do very late in the game.

9. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

No, he just has an attitude problem, checked him out when doing some modding, like that dog killing gnome will KOS sometimes, they don't like any race larger than themselves. (classic little guy, big chip on shoulder)

Only high respect will prevent, stealing Chuka's spare suit helps is your a half orge.

10. barakudaxx

barakudaxx New Member

One posibility is that he saw you killing pigs (which are good creatures), happend to me once.

11. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

No, guys, if you actually take the trouble to do like I did and check the scripts and dialogs for the character, you will find that what I said earlier is correct. I have done a lot of modding work and checked through a lot of scripts and dialogs in the development of the major mod that I am working on and this happens to be one of the bits that I looked at in the process because I plan to make some major changes to Ashbury. If you doubt that, look at them for yourself.

12. Deathsangel

Deathsangel New Member

Had the same. Though he didn't see me kill the pigs (he came from across town). My conclusion is that this halfling is a pig lover. If ya kill them and you he dislikes you, I didn't have the problem if I was dressed in a nice suit, he attacks. The guards attack because you kill him. The game never checks if someone attacked you first. I have had several times that when people attacked me first (okay I scolded them first) guards also started to fight me even if I haven't began to fight yet. Just a minor bug, can handle them :D

Our Host!