Any Way to Save or Free Charles Brehgo?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Silencer, Jul 1, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Silencer

Silencer New Member

The question - is there any way to actually rescue Charles Bregho's soul, and not have him laugh in your face after killing Arbalah?

Can Arbalah be convinced to lift the curse?

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

You can revive him, but he is going to attack you afterwards. (A little short-sightedness on his side. A group of powerhouses with the knowledge to revive people - he should see it coming)

3. Madness

Madness New Member

4. Madness

Madness New Member

5. Langolier

Langolier Member

Considering that killing Arbalah breaks the curse I suspect that when he dies naturally the curse will end and Bregho will be released. Perhaps having finally learned his lesson. I bring this up because I've always kind of pondered the idea that maybe his punishment was too harsh. I mean forever is forever... which is a long time. Arronax did worse things and Bregho and his punishment didn't last for an eternity. He even repented his evil ways.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Not really. He applauds Arbalah's death and tries to kill you if you revive him. If that's repentance, I don't want to know what the other side does.

7. Madness

Madness New Member

If you do that speak to the dead spell thing after he disappears after you kill Arbalah, you do get a short hidden dialogue.

8. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Hey, thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. Just tried it out, and I was finally able to tell him what I wanted (more or less). I love this game!

9. Langolier

Langolier Member

I was speaking of Arronax. My point was that after a few hundred years (the time it will probably take for Arbalah to die) Bregho might actually have come to regret what he did.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Ah. Since you hadn't mentioned Arronax until the last sentence of your post, I thought you had been speaking of Brehgo up until that point.

11. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Sorry to gravedig, but I found it incredibly amusing to get Charles to get me directions to Simon's house, and then kill Arbalah, kill Simon, and kill Charles, and use the second level necromancy spell to curse them all.

And to then do the same with every corpse in the game.

Our Host!