persuasion apprentice training

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by wastelandhero, Aug 17, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I have been through Shrouded Hills and Dernholm and can't find someone to apprentice me in persuasion. Did I miss someone or do I need to go somewhere else? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Warning, this post may contain spoilers:

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/index.php? ... &id=skills

Persuasion (Charisma) - Convincing others to see things your way

* Apprentice - followers will wait for you longer than normal
    * Expert - gain a bonus of 2 extra followers in addition to charisma bonus
    * Master - anyone will join with you, regardless of their reaction or your alignment

Apprentice
    o Location : Shrouded Hills
    o Person : Jongle Dunne

Expert
    o Location : Tarant
    o Person : Madam Lil
    o Comments : Madam Lil can train expert in Persuasion.

Master
    o Location : Willoughsby Residence, Tarant
    o Person : Edward Willoughsby
    o Comments : The Master Of Persuasion, Edward Willoughsby, can be found in Tarant at 19 Pickwick Alley – The Willoughsby Residence. (Note – he will be away until after you find the elven city of Quintarra in the main plot). He will then ask you to meet him at the City Hall.

For him to train you as the Persuasion master, you will need to get Caladon to join the United Kingdom with Tarant. Edward will give you notes detailing what your bargaining points should be.

Once in Caladon, you need to meet up with his representative outside, who will warn you not to speak to the lobbyists.

You can speak to the lobbyists in the hall and find out what they have got to offer, this opens lots of options for “fringe benefits” as part of the negotiation.

During the negotiation, you can choose many options, combinations of which will result in a more beneficial result to yourself and Tarant (or potentially disastrous).

After the successful negotiation, you can talk with Edward Willoughsby outside, who will confer the Master status on you and give you a sizable amount of gold. You also gain a reputation as a great negotiator.

3. Klaz

Klaz New Member

The tailors in Tarant and Black Root can train you as an apprentice in Persuasion, too.

4. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Thanks for the replies. I actually made it to Blackroot and got my apprentice training there on friday.

Our Host!