VFX FINAL: Poppy "Popinjay" Jeremiah VS Va'Ul

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Nov 30, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Children of God! People of the Earth! Viewers of VFX! I say, ARE YOU READY?!?

The moment has finally come! The hour is upon us! It is time, ladies, gentlemen, and all you others watching, for the final grand battle of Violence Fights of eXtreme! Can you feel it in the air? You can almost smell, no, touch the tension in here, folks, that's how strong it is. What do we expect of our fighters? What can we expect of our fighters? Will the world, or the universe for that matter, ever be the same again when the dust has finally settled and the winner stands alone in the center of the battlefield, keeper now of the title "the most badass fighter in all of time"? Can anyone even begin to imagine what we're about to see tonight? I don't think so, folks, and I don't think you can either. How 'bout you, Musashi? What're your thoughts?

Well, rev, I've gotta say. This feeling that I'm havin now, it beats even the most powerful sensations I experienced back in Nam, or Korea for that matter. I don't know what I think about that girlie with the horns and tail, but do you know what I feel when I look at that Va'Ul fellow? It's like I'm on the boats headed for Normandie, only the Nazis are all alien killer cyborgs with laser rifles and we're cavemen with bows and arrows. I'm scared, rev, I truly am. I don't know what to say except for that. I'm... I'm at a loss for words, really.

I feel you, brother. How 'bout you, Natasha? Got anything to say to the folks at home?

Da, I doo! I hoping cool girl with glowink tattoos wins! She can den show me how to get glowink tattoos for me too! Also how to pop like she does, and were the glasses even when she don't need, and say cool stuff at the right time, and you know. Would be great, da? She will kick his asses!

Um... Yes, Natasha. That'd be great. And with that, folks, we'll head straight for the presentation of the arena! Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, the fighters will be battling in:

THE WHITE HOUSE
    [​IMG]
    It's the capitol building of America. The symbol of our civilisations golden age. Few are those who does not know of it's existance, and that's counting otherworldly indiviuals as well! The place is filled with legendary artifacts, secret rooms, hidden tunnels, government people and also holds a special little president who only recently got back to the Earth by means of interstellar travel on board the Millenium Falcon space craft. This building has been destroyed, wrecked and burned to the ground countless times through cinematic history, but tonight'll be the first time anyone gets a real shot at mowing this grand piece of architecture down. We're counting on our contestants to change the landscape around the DCs pride for all of eternity!

Now, fighters, ready yourselves for the ultimate battle of your lives! This is it, and you know it! On my mark, the VFX FINAL begins! Let's say a prayer for our fighters! Let's shout out a Hallelujah! Yes! Now LET! THERE! BE! BLOOD! BEGIN!

(You have two weeks. Have fun :D)

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"Horns and tail?" she says incredulously. "How stereotypical can you get? Tiefers don't always have horns and tails, damn it! Bah, I swear, I should tell Haer'Dalis about you people, we'll see how you handle a pissed-off blade coming after... oh, right, battle."

She doesn't even bother with playing around this time. She pulls her jacket off, removes the glasses, and leaves the both of them sitting on a handy nearby chair. The White House is kinda nice - it won't be for much longer. She snickers darkly as the marks down her arms flare brilliantly red, wreathing her in flame.

Poppy starts wandering through the halls almost randomly, trailing her hand along the wall and leaving fire in her wake.

3. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

The camera panned across the breathtaking view of planet Earth from the outer atmosphere, a blueish curve backlit by the sun. A flash of light ruined the harmony as Va'Ul warped in with the steampunk time machine from the previous fight. Just after the dot appeared it started falling.

The giant flew head down most of the trip, his mask white hot from air friction. He was falling straight on the White House. Just meters above Va'Ul spread his limbs and rotated to fall feet down.

A powerful crash rattled the building as he went through the roof and then the first floor. He landed just in front of his stunned opponent, crushing an unlucky secret service agent beneath his knee.

He knelt there in front of her, at less then an arm's reach. His mask and shoulders were white hot, whatever debris touched them either burnt up or melted and vaporised.

The moment of confusion was resolved by the ringing of the chain winding itself around Va'Ul's other arm, announcing the axe that followed it's master. Instantly it punched through the roof and fell out of the celling right over Popinjay's head, about to pass through to the basement.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Pop!

Poppy silently thanks the years of training that taught her to trigger her teleport instinctively when threatened. She staggers on the White House lawn, staring incredulously at the devastation her opponent caused.

"That's not fucking fair!" she exclaims, unaware of the fact that her flaming aura is still active and making a solid go at the lawn around her, panicking the onlookers and probably saving a couple of innocent bystanders who still know that it's better to run away than to watch the crazy. "Dropping from orbit is a dirty trick!"

She grins, and her demonic heritage becomes blindingly obvious, just for a moment. "I guess I'll just have to use a few dirty tricks of my own."

She pulls out the soul gem she took from her first opponent and loops it around her neck, breathing deeply but a little raggedly as she absorbs the power held within it. Her own talents were useful, yes, but when it came to a foe willing to skydive from orbit, well, she needed a little extra.

"Come on, big fella. I'm ready for you this time."

5. The_Bob

Just a fraction of a second after Popinjay teleported to the lawn, some windows were blown out by the force of Va'Ul's landing, flame and dust bursting from the building.

Moments later, the time machine, or what was left of it, fell in the fountain in front of the white house. The impact created a time bubble, warping in two mating velociraptors. They were surprised.

Oooh ! Dinosaurs !

A portal stabilized there for a few seconds, allowing a bunch of other prehistoric creatures to pass through. It closed just as a giant brontosauruswas halfway through, splattering the whole lawn and neighboring buildings with guts and bone fragments.

In the meantime, Va'Ul fought his way to the oval office, making light of the fire and secret service agents stinging him with their tiny pistols.

Kicking the door in wasn't easy, but with a few earthshaking blows they fell along with the wall they stood in. The president probably pooped himself as the bloodied sword, still seething hot from the fall, scorched a path up along his tie, stopping right above the heart.

If she dies, I leave. Order it. Now.

The president looked at the telephone on his desk.

Looks like the big guy doesn't want to get his hands dirty!
    Unlikely reverend, he's just working on a distraction so he can conjure some serious support.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Mating velociraptors, fine. She could deal with that. The stegasaurus, unexpected but generally benign, although a few people fainted at the sight of the spikes. Exploding brontosaurus? That was new, but she was sheilded from the gore by her aura. Hell, it kinda smelled like someone was hosting a big BBQ.

It was the little swarming fuckers who attracted her interest. Their minds were weak, and they were half-dead from starvation anyway. The soul she had stolen had known the art of animating the dead - with a little tweak, she could use it to control the weaker-minded living.

"Come here, little ones..." she cooed sweetly, dispelling her aura so they wouldn't burn while she instructed them. "There's lots of very tasty humans in that big white cave," she told them. "If you find the nasty metal man, you just run back to me and let me know, alright?"

The swarm of tiny, swift lizardlings took off for the White House, pausing only for a few of them to take down an aide who chose the wrong time to go for a walk.

7. The_Bob

- Yes ! Everyone, you understand ? She has to be dead! Hurry !!!

The president put down the phone. Va'Ul lowered the sword and turned around. There were some agents with rocket launchers in the hall. The desk flipped over and disappeared in the floor, along with the president.

The giant was blown out of the building, along with the outside wall of the Oval Office. He rolled along the grass, a few spots on his armor dented in.

He flipped back on his feet and charged Popinjay, wielding the sword in both hands. In presence of strong magic, the spellbraker runes started glowing blue along the blade.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"I am so sick of big bastards with swords," she comments, almost cheerfully. Her smile disappears as she spots the runes along said sword. "You cheating mother-fucker!"

Her spell controlling the little lizards goes first, and the watching crowd starts to panic as they suddenly veer away from the White House to start on the bystanders. They're as quick as their tiny frames suggest, and the pack rapidly takes down and strips the flesh from several victims.

The runes along her arms go next, their glow fading almost to insignificance. She glares viciously and furrows her brows in concentration. He may have negated the majority of her powers - and borrowed powers - but he'd have to cut out her cold, twisted heart to nullify her greatest trick.

"Now you see me," POP! "now you don't!"

She tumbles in midair, sending several throwing knives arrowing towards Va'ul before landing gracefully on top of the White House's half-shattered dome.

9. The_Bob

Va'Ul swung his sword perfectly, the runes drawing an arc in the air, yet the target wasn't there. The sword didn't obey his commands, instead it fed on every bit of magic energy it could find. And allowed her to escape !

There was something odd about those knives. The way they cut the air, how straight they went, homing on their target. And they struck at the perfect moment, allowing their impacts to throw the giant off balance. They penetrated the armor, embedding themselves across the back and one in the back of the head.

That last impact almost threw the giant to the ground, forcing him to fall on one knee and support himself with the sword. He reached back to pull out one of the blades. Some sparks came off when he tightened the grip, and the knife went out, pulling some dark smoke with it.

Va'Ul looked up as a helicopter filled with elite agents flew by, bombing the yard with angry gunmen. The first shots were fired as he removed the second knife.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

"Hey! Find your own goddamn fight, you dicks!" Poppy yells at the gunmen, lobbing a couple of knives at the closest ones. "The big fella is mine! Don't they teach ypu anything in this country?"

A couple of the gunmen are dropped on top of the dome with her, and Poppy smirks. Away from the spell-sucking blade, she can use her powers with impunity, and she summons a deflection shield to ward the bullets away from her body. She leaps into action, her body a deadly blur of crimson and silver blades.

11. The_Bob

Va'Ul pulls out the last blade from his back and prepares to hurl it back to it's owner - and stops at the last moment, noticing the helicopter came with a minigun and a rocket pod, about to fly close to the ground. He sticks the knife in the ground and performs a running jump to board the machine.

The axe shattered the cockpit along with the co-pilot and the whole machine tilted as he climbed up in three violent pulls. Casually climbing through the cockpit and into the cargo bay, Va'Ul arrives at the gunner's seat, vacating it by a quick thrust of the sword and a complimentary kick. The previous gunner was reluctant to shoot up the white house. This one started by emptying the rocket pod while liberally spraying the shattered dome with hot lead.

Boys and their toys [sighs]
    Actually, I'll have to agree that is an unnecessary risk. Right now Va'Ul is sitting on top of a ammo drum, and nearby is the fuel tank.
    But wouldn't his sword stop any fireballs ?
    There's lots of normal explosives laying around, so it's only a matter of getting it there. He sure seems to be enjoying himself though...

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Poppy snatches up a gun dropped by one of the fallen men, examining it critically. She wasn't much of a one for firearms, preferring fireballs, but when the opponent had such unpleasant tricks up their metaphorical sleeve, she needed to adapt. In a way, the fight was quite nostalgic, reminding her of her illspent youth.

"Nice gun," she murmurs, turning its sights on the chopper. "Fuel tank, guns, missiles... such a plethora of targets!"

She smirks and fires at the rotors on the tail. "I never did like shooting for the obvious weak points."

13. The_Bob

One could tell he was enjoying himself, spraying his opponent at the rate of 6000 RPM. From the dense cloud of dust that occluded the white house came return fire. The bullets bounced off at first but eventually the rear rotor gave in and died.

Va'Ul let go of the controls and climbed back inside the spinning helicopter. There was too much smoke inside of the cabin to tell what went on inside. A armored boot ejected the pilot. The helicopter mostly spun on its own but started heading back toward the white house.

The giant jumped out wielding two machine guns, ammo belts wound around the chest, firing on his opponent. He fired continuously until the helicopter crashed into the west wing. Two smoking guns fell on the sides of the giant, the sword raised back into his hands.

The blade seemed to hum as the runes burned with bright blue flames. The edge appeared to be razor sharp now, all signs of wear were gone. Flames and explosions reflected in the perfectly smooth surface of the sword.

Va'Ul entered the expanding dust cloud.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Her deflection magic had never failed her before, but there was a first time for everything. And wow, bullets through the arm fucking hurt. She dropped the gun and swore, racing for the edge of the dome as the bullets hailed around her. She could hear the heavy steps of Va'ul coming for her, and she was distinctly disadvantaged right now.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck..." she manages, leaping from the edge of the dome and POP!

She reappears in the Oval Office, and looks around wildly. "You know, I don't remember aiming for here... still, fuck it!"

She smiles sweetly the president, takes the bottle of booze from his shocked hand, pours some of it over the messy hole in her arm and sculls the rest in one giant gulp, fire flashing around her a bit as she processes the alcohol.

"Thank you, Mister President, you're a darlin'." She climbs out one of the shattered windows, and looks for the nearest victim of the carnage to get herself a new gun.

15. The_Bob

The camera could barely follow the giant in the heavy smoke and dust. A bloody shower sprayed him as a missile exploded a charging velociraptor to his left, thick red mist letting him fade out of view again. Aerial view displayed a carnage of unseemly proportions in front of the White House. The great cloud of smoke and dust was illuminated by muzzle flashes and explosions, pterodactyls flying in and out, more often then not carrying human body parts in their claws. The ground crew caught up with Va'Ul.

He was inspecting a spot of blood on the ground. Popinjay's blood. How he could tell it was her was a mystery, as the lawn was a bloody marsh lined with severed limbs and disemboweled torsos. The dinos must've been hungry. A couple rounds sparked off his back while he knelt, index finger smearing itself in the blood. He set the glowing sword beside him on the ground, oblivious to the carnage around him.

Blood. Sacrifice. Yes, I've had many. You will be the next.

The noise of the battle was muffled by the surge of energy Va'Ul released. Some of the dinosaurs froze in terror while others started fleeing in between the buildings. In front of Va'Ul, the ground started rising, earth splitting open as if pushed aside by powerful roots. Around the tiny blood splat a stone altar grew out of the stomped grass. The blood started flowing, slowly spreading itself across some ancient markings in the altar in front of the giant. Shadowy figures appeared carrying long, curved daggers, monks covered in blood stained cloaks.

Out of the blood smeared on the altar a female outline started forming. Quite suddenly all of the blood disappeared into a ghostly vapor that surrounded the giant. He stood up, picking up the sword. A dark skinned female hand slid across his right shoulder, then suddenly a beautiful young girl appeared and circled before him. She was mostly translucent, hovering above the ground to meet his eyes. She smiled understandably as he passed her the sword, and disappeared. The blade hovered above the ground for a while then rushed off into the thick smoke.

A chilling scream alerted popinjay as a trail of bloodied footsteps spotted the ground, closing in on her. The flaming sword appeared first, glowing through the dust, illuminating the thin outline of the ghost wielding it. She pounced on Popinjay revealing her true appearance - skinned and gutted, heart torn out and eyes missing from their sockets, the horror moved at inhuman speed, swinging the sword as if it was weightless.

16. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

A bound soul! She'd have expected this from the mage from earlier rounds, not from the armoured menace! Just what in the many hells was she facing here? More to the point, did she have a hope in hell of defeating it?

Still, ghosts had certain weaknesses... one of which was the limited amound of physicality they could manage. Even the strongest of ghosts was mostly intangible... There was a way she could stave off this latest threat.

She gathers all her strength, ignores the thousand ways this could go horribly, horribly wrong, and POP!

She is in the ghost, enveloped in it, assaulted by memories of a most horrific death, suffering everything the ghost suffered in death and after it, screaming her rage and hate and despair and unsure just which of them is feeling the emotions.

Slowly, carefully, her hands lock around the hilt of the blade, her only goal in the maelstrom of suffering, a solid anchor in a massive storm she could never have imagined the intensity of...

And she wrenches free of the ghost, blade heavy in her hands but paradoxically light. She gasps for air for a few moments, then hefts the weapon, turning swiftly and slashing at the ghost to test its power.

17. The_Bob

The altar in front of the giant cracked in two and collapsed where it stood, blood flowing from within. Va'Ul jumped back in disbelief as blue flame consumed the stone, within seconds turning it into dust, leaving deep scorch marks where blood had flown.

The last scream of the tormented soul had reached him. The cloaked monks gathered around him as the axe dropped into his hand. They followed him silently as he ran toward the glow of his sword.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

She felt an odd pang of sadness as the ghost dissipated, and Poppy did something she almost never did - she offered a prayer for the fallen foe, wishing it well-earnt peace in the afterlife.

The giant would be coming for its blade soon. She needed somewhere open, where her speed and agility would serve her well. The front lawn was no longer an option, slick and muddy with the blood of the fallen. The far wing seemed relatively undamaged, and the roof would offer her a decent battleground.

She hurtled up the stairs as if the hounds of hell were on her tail - and they may well have been.

19. The_Bob

Va'Ul ran through the thick dust, toward the flickering blue light. His minions following him silently, keeping pace. Without warning they spread out, disappearing out of view. Va'Ul rejoined them in a moment. They were waiting by the building, obviously moving much faster then just their legs would've allowed them to. More importantly, at their feet lay three armored gunmen, throats slit and eyes cut out.

The giant stopped to look for his weapon, he noticed the light traveling within the building. It was almost dark, as the sky had darkened gradually since the beginning of the encounter - too slowly for anyone to notice before.

The cultists spread out, some of them moving so fast they were but a blur, and encircled the building, silently covering the exits. Va'Ul tossed the axe at the window in which he saw his sword's glow and climbed up the chain.

In the distance, SWAT vans were on their way, along with attack helicopters and TV crews.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Poppy yelps as the axe shatters the window behind her, and she puts on extra speed. That damned armoured maniac... There was no way she was going to let herself end up like the swashbuckler - she'd immolate herself first!

One of the monk-like creatures was waiting patiently at the exit onto the roof. She didn't have time for this... She adjusts the blade for a charge, and runs full pelt at the being blocking her way. At the last moment she pivots into a wide swing, and POP!

She reappears behind the monk, the flat of the wide blade slamming into it with every ounce of strength she had. "Get out... of... my... way!!"

Our Host!