Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Found the barbarian and her KOS flag was not set.
    Thanks!

BTW: I learned this was an original problem that got overlooked in the UAP bug-hunt.

2. Technomancer

Technomancer New Member

More bugs and iritateing things .

1. Thorvald no longer remains in your party long enougf for to drag him to bates. He now appears to depart if you go anywhere but the wheel clan after departing the isle of dispair. Not a big thing but a variant chunk of dialouge is now immpossable to see.
    2. When you ask wrinko about tarant he says "I read everything could about it." Now im no english major but an "I" appears to be missing from that sentance.

Lastly another suggestion perhaps you could tinker with the level of some the stock followers. some of them are easily several level behind the pc at the first opportunity to recruit them. Warromon is the prime example being 20 at when your already at least 22 to aquire thorvald. he also timed near to perriman smyth who is 25. Weldo at the gate to the wastes is another 25 when your closer to 40s when you arrive. Im sure a few other tweaks would be nice to keep followers in line with character xp particualry in light of the alterations to total xp and needed xp.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) Noted. I'll check it out, but Drog may have had to straight-line him to the Wheel Clan to get his sector over-rides to work properly.

2) Line 245: Wow....! We're in Tarant! I've read everything could about this place. They've got factories, big ships, museums, and that thing they call a locomotive - [He breaks off wide-eyed] ...look at all these people....

I-i-i-i-im not seeing a missing letter here.

3) This is something I hadn't really thought about but it does make sense. However - it would be best if I waited until the end of the build to do any adjustments. That'll give me a better idea of how much is needed and where.
    *makes note*

4. Technomancer

Technomancer New Member

I ment "I" as a word as in "I read everything I could about this place." vs "I read everthing could about this place." Proper syntax does help in the polish department.

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Ahh, hell! I must have read and re-read that line a hundred times without catching that goof.

Thanks for letting me know.

*makes appointment to get eyes checked*

6. Bloodhawk_77

Bloodhawk_77 New Member

Hey rroyo.

i was wondering if you had a picture of the atlas with all the locations marked cause ive been playin AWIP for a while now and i still think im missing a few locations.

Thanks

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the forum, Bloodhawk_77!

Sorry to say, but I never made one.
    However, if you get Virgil or the Atlas of Arcanum (Tarant library) to mark all the new locations, you'll have everything I've added (and left in) displayed.

8. Bloodhawk_77

Bloodhawk_77 New Member

9. Technomancer

Technomancer New Member

Further error reports

1. the window to the back room in the smith shop in myercona is unlocked.
    2. Also in myercona back window to the magic shop is unlocked when the back door is.
    3. The random dwarven villagers in the wheel clan are NOT affected by reaction raising events such as rescuing thorvald, killing the dread spider, and bringing back the king.

I did find some other stuff but ive forgotten what they where.

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

11. Technomancer

Technomancer New Member

The bug hunt continues. :/

1. Donn Throog woudn't talk forcing me to kill the bugger.
    2. The hammer aquired in the iron clan throne room was at one point idestructable to my reacalection but now breaks down like any cheapo stick on rocky and flaming baddies. relateded note: props to whoever reworked the iron clan armor its nice to see magnus walking about in bronze shine.
    3. Air elementals in iron clan burial chambers are unnamed.
    4. Also in iron clan: Rock sprites in the eastern portion of the cavern with the krags are level 45 yet have 8s in all stats yeilding merly a raised eyebrow in battle from any character likely to made it that far in the game.
    5. Also strangely lacking in stats is Xiao's vorpal bunny again having 8s as well. Maybe a doublecheck of your edited baddies is in order rroyo.
    6. Back to meyercona where we have a molochen hand agent in the bar rather obviously named Dark Individual.

In other news i have abused the the tempter of fate for my own amusement. At present i have master rank in all but firearms melee and bow. have both smithy and mechical finished as well as 7 schools of magic. Gonna really have to come up with something to seperate players from there wealth rroyo i haven't even done aceraks tomb or a quarter of the odd side locations. And this is without my customary thouroghness of squeezing evey last drop from the loots. Oh and hobbit hole purchased as well as a boat and every other nifty nicknack i can buy and i still have 100000 ready cash. I passed absured awhile ago and have looped back to sidesplitting hilarity. I suppose i can try to break the game engine in creative ways now.

Oh by the way is the divine fire pistol still floating in the mod somewhere i want it in my one of every item collection that is forming down 007 keinsington way. Yes i am obsesive compulsive. If the game engine could handle it i would have all my slain foes undeading along behind me. Guess i have to live with Min gorad, the stillwater giant, the giant snake from in front of dwarrodelf, both cursed paladins and Xiao as my undead minions. Stringy pete soon to be added once i manage to reverse pickpocket more gear onto him so hes a challange. Booming demon voice on/ "Tremble mortals and dispair. Doom has come to this world."

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Yep, looks like a few things went wonky along the way. Thanks for letting me know about these.

1) Donn does still have a script attached - perhaps the needed flag failed to set properly. Hmmm....

2) It's glitched. The resistances got wiped somewhere along the way.

3) OK.... The ghosts lost their names... That's a new one.

4) Found them and I'm not sure why they're doing that, but I'll get them fixed (and triple-checked)

5) Same with Bunny.

6) That one was intentional. He is dressed in a dark robe....

7) Yep - I've got to add more high-priced items to offset the treasures.

8 ) Sorry - I pulled the Divine Fire Pistol after I got the proto for the Tesla Pistol.

13. Technomancer

Technomancer New Member

Okay cool i figured it was gone just wanted to make sure.

14. Krilmar

Krilmar New Member

rroyo, you, dear sir, are a sneaky bastard! So I installed your WIP and everything went fine. Then I started exploring and come across the Ancient Path or something like that. When I arrived I was surrounded by bunnies: "hmm bunnies, something is smells fishy here" I thought but I started to follow the path anyway. Some wolf packs, golden bears, fang brutes appeared..I manage to killed or avoid most of them. Then I reached a mountain pass where there were more bunnies. I foolishly thought that I reached the end and a treasure awaits me, but boy oh boy I was in for a big surprise. Those bunnies proved to be VORPAL bunnies. Well, my level 15ish party was killed almost instantly only my PC managed to escape. Now the most stupid thing I did is autosaving!!, while running from the vorpal bunnies, on my only recent save (5 level recent..) I don`t want to start all over again. What can I do? I want my party back. Can I somehow add some reviving things in my inventory without leaving the area? Some kind of cheat, I don`t know..
    Can you help me somehow?

15. Bloodhawk_77

Bloodhawk_77 New Member

Yea there is a way to get them back
    you will need the editor though http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=3882
    assuming you saved near your fallen comrades just edit your saved game file and max out your Necromantic (White) school and you will get resurrect and when youre done just put everything back to the way it was

hope that helps :)

16. Krilmar

Krilmar New Member

I did that and it fixed my problem. Thank you for your quick reply. You should`ve seen me running from those bunnies, thank the Arcanum gods for some ruins nearby that helped me lose them.

17. Burnout

Burnout New Member

18. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

No Basque terrorist organizations that I'm aware of, no.

19. Zargen

Zargen New Member

This may seem like a stupid question but does this work with the unofficial patch? <_<

20. greentyper

greentyper New Member

I wonder if we all threw money at you, would you be more inclined to work on this? BECAUSE I AM WILLING TO FLING MONEY AT YOU, SIR.

Our Host!