A little Help here

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jinxed, Aug 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

This may sound stupid but could anyone tell me just how to barge doors or accually attack someone first? I can't even start a fight by myself

2. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Riddled by question

Clicking on the red shield button on the lower left of the interface is one way to begin combat mode. Target people/creatures normally. Hold down (I believe) the alt key to attacke objects like doors and barrels. When doing the latter make sure you tell your followers to 'back off' (F4 or F5 key) so they don't wear out their weapons or beat themselves unconscious.

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I was also wondering about this. What I usually do was let Virgil and Sogg attack the locked door. However, they end up damaging their weapons.

Question in Backoff, if you do backoff in an attack mode, do my followers really backoff and don't participate in the fight?

4. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Don

Yes, your followers will back off if you order them to. At least in the demo. Due to knowledge gleaned from press beta reviewers indicate some NPC's (all NPC's have their own agendas) may ignore your orders in certain circumstances. That is only a possibility, not a statement of fact on my part.

Incidentally, weapons like axes are better for hacking into doors, barrels, etc. than other weapons. They take less damage and do more. And speed isn't a factor unless the item under attack is animated :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oyarsa on 2001-08-14 06:40 ]</font>

5. Diemon

Diemon New Member

Axes dont take damage. Use fists if u dont have an axe. U will take mimimum health damage. But only use fists if ur str is like.... high?

6. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Axes do take damage, and without any weapon you will take damage. The damage will stop at 1 hp though, so don't worry about dying.

7. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

well i would with a weak character :)

its fun getting stinged by one of the posions spiders, with 1 in CON :)

i used up every healing potion i could, but i still died in the end, the thing was... so... *sob* my weak but very good sniper gnome died by a tiny spider...

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Like how much in perecent will it do damage if you use fist instead of a weapon?

9. sgc_meltdown

sgc_meltdown New Member

You will lose health equal to the amount of damage you do.

10. Skorpios

Skorpios New Member

Ouch! I got a splinter!

Weapon damage also depends on what the target is made out of. Axes are great for chopping wooden objects (chests, wooden doors, etc) - but they will suffer damage if you start banging on an iron door or grating.

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!