the bangellian scourge

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by verminator_666, May 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

my current weapon of choice is the bangellian scourge, even though i have azrams star and master throwing (and melee), but it has things like 'harm' 'lightening' 'quench life'

are these effects random? so far i have only had harm work, and i cant really notice any pattern to when it happens.

i thought this weapon needed its own thread anyway it just deserves it.

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

3. Langolier

Langolier Member

Yeah, and the higher you MA the more often it does those spells........... I think.

4. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Just steal the Sword of Baltar from Liliana in Dernholm if you have a fate point spare, or merely kill her for it. To my knowledge, the sword's damage threashold is 5 points higher than the Scourge. (15-25, I think.)

Regards,
    Morden

5. Canis

Canis New Member

Does the Sword of Baltar also do random poison damage? Sometimes an opponent gets poisoned, and the person who's near enough is Gar with that Sword.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

No, the Sword of Baltar does not do poison damage. Did you give Vergil the Envonemed Sword from Stillwater?

7. Canis

Canis New Member

Hmm.

No, haven't even been to Stillwater yet. Virgil's got a mage's staff, Magnus a pyrotechnic axe, Jayna a balanced sword (jeez I never knew how much that girl kicked ass), Gar the Sword of Baltar, and my gunslinger's got the Warbringer. (Went to Vendigroth early to check out the Vivifier.)

Once in a while, not all the time mind you, an enemy will become poisoned and I can't figure out why.

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Agreement. Hmmmm....

She pushes DX. I often run her with a Pyro Axe & no shield.

If you let Vollinger carry Strong Poison, he will poison the ocasional enimy, but you don't have him.

9. verminator_666

better than the bangellian scourge? bah humbug. the bangellian scourge is loads better, i fought it was like 15 - 50? oh i dont know. its just better.

10. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

if you steal the sword from liliana, does she know she doesn't have it when you try to complete her fathers friend quest?

Parmanian

11. Canis

Canis New Member

I'm sure she knows, she just doesn't want to embarass herself by admitting to random strangers that her sword got lifted right out of her hilt. In any case, no, she says nothing and it doesn't impact the quest or outcome at the end of the game.

Maybe it should though. She's looking to the East, determined to retrieve her true king and restore Cumbria to greatness, and then spends the rest of the game looking frantically for her sword in a state of feminine panic. It would be hilarious, and would provide more of a consequence for pickpocketing besides the odd lost alignment point.

12. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Them single point losses are nothing, its them 10 pointers that get you.

Thats why I like to steal that rifle in ashbury, loose points then go and convince the people about the statue and get a bunch back to 100 again.

Parmanian

13. verminator_666

have you ever noticed how similar the bangellian scourge is to the one ring. it was made by evil for evil purposes, it can grant superior powers, people get slowly poisened by it, to the extent of being obsessive and killing (stringy pete for one)

this is one of many similarities between arcanum and lord of the rings, also have yopu ever seen tollo underhill the halfling adventurer, well a certain frodo baggins is a halfling adventurer, and happens to go by the name underhill while at the prancing pony inn

14. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Well, there is a magic gold ring I got somewhere (can't remember where) that when you put it on it makes you invisible but it slowly takes your life.

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Tollo Underhill is a thief and a psycopath. He will not stay with anyone less than -20 evil. The Halfling adventurer is Weldo Rubin.

16. backstabber

backstabber New Member

no.

Our Host!