NEW AVATARS!!!! WEEE!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jinxed, Nov 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Hey everyone,

T-A is changing our avatar system. The avatars are now representing all Troika games. Arcanum, Fallout, ToEE, Vamp and anything Troika does in the future.

The avatars are not done yet, some still need work, but with time we will iron out all the problems and expand the gallery. You can access and change your avatar via Profile. Let me know if you have problems, enjoy!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yikes, that's quite the change isn't it? So, we will actually be able to choose avatars from a set list now are we, eh?

Hmm... don't know if I like this or not. I was rather fond of the "X avatar for Y posts" system. Oh well, I don't have any ruling power on these boards (yet), so I might as well cut the complaints for now. :)

Just for my unquenchable curiosity, will the custom avatar system be affected? And will we be able to select our own title?

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Custom avatars are reserved for really rare cases.

4. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Hey, this works! I've changed mine. Now you get a title depending on the amount of posts (same as before, but people whose title equaled the avatar - i.e. 'Flintlock Pistol' - seem to have 'veteran' instead) and whatever avatar you choose from the gallery. Don't seem to have any problems. Cool!

5. Dark Elf

Media:
    So, does this mean that you ripped away the 1000 post limit and decided to give people custom avatars based on other values? I suppose that's a good thing, spam can be tasty but too much might make you vomit.

Hmmm... I see my title has changed from Ornate Flintlock to Veteran, although no avatar shows up. I can't change anything in the profile either. Is that range of avatars not done yet? Some are appearently, I just saw a newb with a golem...

EDIT: Forget about that. I figured it out. Silly little me... :roll:

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

It's on the buttom of the profile page. And yes, custom avs will be assigned based on certain yet undecided situations.

7. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

can you put in the ones wich were in the ranking system?

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Nope, sorry. It only works one way. But don't worry, there will be more avatars to choose from and they will be better than the ones available now. No one is going to stop you from changing later on.

9. Xz

thats not what i meant, i wondered if you could put in the avatars that were in the ranking sysem, so that people can choose freely from them as well....

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

And that *is* what I meant. You will not be able to choose the old ones. It's either our stuff, or the characters from Troika games. We chose Troika games.

Edit: There are two galleries now, Arcanum and Fallout. We will add Vamp and ToEE in the near future.

11. Xz

i, dont like this, i've been looking forward to getting the Ornate Flintlock :cry:

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    Well, I was looking forward to the Ageless Blade too, but done is done, there's no avail in complaints. :)

Jinxed, when you add more avatars, will you also take a look at character portraits? I know there's a portrait in ToEE that would really fit with my forum alias.

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Yeah, that's right. The reason why some of the avatars look crooked is because I didn't do them myself, I don't have Arcanum at the moment. But I have ToEE, and if all goes well, the portraits will be available in a few hours tops.

14. Silvara

Silvara New Member

15. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

The Fallout ones have been floating around for years, but the Arcanum ones are from the RPGCodex.

16. Xz

jinxed, can you send me all the avatars wich was used in the ranking system?

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

No.

BTW, I just managed to extract all of the ToEE portraits, give me a little time to implement them.

After that, I'll start doing the regular avatars.

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

There's a little problem.

When I resize the things, they loose a lot of quality. Here's an example:

[​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

I'm temped to use the large size, but doesn't that seem to big? Take a look at my test account post.

19. 1111

1111 New Member

20. Dark Elf

Media:
    Actually, that doesn't bugger me at all. Keep with that size! :thumbup:

Oh, and while you're on it, you could always include portraits from Arcanum too (and Fallout, if it has any - haven't played it)

Now, go on and add all the portraits. Just one won't do you know. :D

Our Host!