Making premade characters

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Howdy, I was just wondering, I've been trying to make those pre-made characters you start off with, but I haven't been having much success. All I know what to do is how to make the character background things, and I've been playing around with that. So, (sorry if this is a stupid question, I've searched around but haven't found what I was looking for) how do you make those pre-made characters you start off with?
    Cheers,
    PantsThatDance

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Err thanks but

What I am wanting to do is now how to make the premade characters, like Merick Tumbleweed, stuff like that. Sorry if I am sounding too demanding or anything. Thanks though.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You want to add premade characters to Arcanum?

I just checked all of the dat files, and I'm starting to think that premade characters can't be added. The next best thing is what you've been doing;
    Custom Backgrounds. The characters might be hard-coded into the game, so that means you can't put any new ones in, or change the existing characters, without first having the source code of Arcanum and then making a mod.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah thanks, guess I will just stick with the custom backgrounds then. Thanks for your help.
    Cheers,

Our Host!