Kill the Silver Lady! KILL!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Muro, Jul 13, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Is there any way to kill the Silver Lady? By any, I mean, any? Melee, ranged, trap, explosive, desintegrate, something else? I can't menage to cant any spell on her, and when I attack with my sword, she bleeds, although she doesn't get any damage.
    So, is there any trick to attempt it?

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Disincarnate should probably do the trick.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

...Disintegrate?

Yeah, aside from that, there's no real way to hurt her. But, I bet if you used the shocking staff in real time, and happened to have about 200 charges, you'd be fine. Having said that, I must admit that I've never really tried to kill her. I bet her enigma really pissed you off :D ...

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

"Propably", although have you tried it? I mean, I can't cast any spell on her. It just not being casted. So I'm not sure If desintegrate would do the trick. And since I haven't ever seen a desintegration scroll, nor have I learned the spell myself, I can't try it. But it would be great to know if someone did.

EDIT:
    Grossenschwamm, you are too bloody fast. :D
    I choped her with a sword for a minute and it did nothing to her, not even did she get hostile. So she seems to be completely damage immume. As for electric, I'm not sure.
    Did you actually desintegrated her ever?
    I'm playing an really evil person you thinks, that no one in whole Arcanum deserves to live, that's why I ask. :D She must be anihilated as well.

EDIT II (some time later):
    OK, I really wanted to check the desintegrate thing. So i loaded a earlier save, leveled up quick to get 5 character points which I invested in Force magic, got to the Silver Lady, pointed desintegrate at her, and... "Target is already at maximum health", or how is it in the english version. So, no desintegrate. She is immume to it.
    Perhaps any other ideas?

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You can use Unseen Force to shove her across the room, but to date thats the best I've ever done.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I just checked her out with WorldEd - She is in the middle of four blocking tiles and the Invulnerable flag has been set.
    Troika did not want her getting killed.

7. Madness

Madness New Member

Not like I ever really use WorldEd, but can you take out the Invulnerable tiles?

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The blocking tiles? Yep, and undo the invulnerable flag as well.
    I don't think there's any artwork for her death (or fighting) but you could kill her easily as she is a level 1 character with no skills or spells.

9. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

What?! So she's a hoax? All the stuff she tells you she just made up? Man, she's lucky Raven managed to turn 'em into some decent clues...

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Rroyo is the WorldEd grandmaster around here, so when I saw that he answered my question, I had a feeling that he checked it from the inside and there will be no dought. Thanks for that, man. Now I know on what I'm standing.

I believe that without the tiles, she would be just like the apperance of Kerghan when one is traveling from the Isle of Despair to the Wheel Clan: wouldn't fight back, and when dead, will still stand, but just with a little blood under herself. Ans then, the note in the journal would be priceless: since she is level 1, "Weakest killed creature: Silver Lady".
    But consider her in another way. She is level theoretically 1, but either her abilities and level are impossible for a mere mortal to be seen, or more, she is level 1, but on a higher level of existance, which would be more than normal level 50. After all, she is the most magickal being in all Arcanum, invulnerable to any forms of attack. I believe she could have destroy Kerghan with a fart.

Not that would be hilarious, throwing the Silver Lady from wall to wall without any complaint from her. :lol:

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Actually.... Dark Underlord is regarded as the grandmaster, where as I might be at journeyman level by now - but thanks for the compliment just the same.

13. Vorak

DU abandoned that title long ago.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Well then, given that ChrisBeddoes and Sinbad have moved on to greener pastures, that would leave TONGSyaBASS, as he's been at this longer than I have.

15. Vorak

Don't forget DKoepp and Otto Krupp.

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I can't say much about Dark Underlord, but I know that when I search over the forum for something which can be explained using info from knowledge of the WorldEd, rroyo is often the one that gives that info, so the compliment is deserved.

17. Vorak

DU wrote the WorldEd manual, although admittedly he never finished it.

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Here's a thought for you evil SOBs:
    Although there's no fighting artwork for her, should I modify the Silver Lady to be vulnerable and deadly? It's simply a matter of reseting her stats and clicking a few boxes.

19. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Try it and see the result. If your computer blows up, then the answer is: no.

20. Vorak

Could you set her to only use spells?

Our Host!