First of all, thanks for the excellent patch for Arcanum and for continuing improving it. I think that a lot of people thank you for this.
I’m playing Arcanum for the first time, with your unofficial patch (version 080708), the last version of your Extra pack, the Original Bedokaan model and the Arcanum 1024x768 Edition. While playing, I had found some bugs which I mention down. I was following the thread about your patch in RPGCodex from the beginning, so I hope that I’m not repeating any bug that has already been listed. If I repeat any bug, I apologize.
My character is a half-elf with good charisma and good intelligence, who follows the way of magic and goodness. Well, the bugs that I have found until now (I’m in Tulla):
1. This is the only really annoying bug that I found (well, the Magnus bug posted in RPGCodex is another that really annoys me): in Tulla, when I pass one of the trials that the Master Magicians give in order to become a Master myself in that School of Magic, it doesn’t happen that I can cast spells in that School of Magic using only half the points of mana. Instead, the spells continue to cost the same as before I passed the trial. The first time I passed the trial of the School of Time and the second time I tried with the School of Power. The outcome was still the same. I have uploaded the saved game before the trial here:
2. When I come back to Quintarra after taking Swyft to Tarant, she appears again and, when I talk to her, she says: “Thanks again for bringing me to Tarant”. Obviously there’s a problem because she would have to be still in Tarant and not in Quintarra to say that line. Also in Quintarra (but I’m not sure if it’s a bug) after I discover and reveal that Ivory and her husband (I don’t remember his name) are responsible for the death of one of the elves, she is still there as if nothing had happened. Maybe this happens because her husband is the only responsible, but I’m not sure. The uploaded saved game:
3. In the Isle of Despair, when I talked to Ogdin Big Fist, he let me in to talk with Thorvald, but in my quest log appeared an entry that says that I have to find him the book “The Hand”. However, Ogdin never told me anything about this particular book and, like I said, he let me in without any problem. A saved game before I talked to him.
4. For this, I don’t have a saved game, but, in Tarant, when I talked to Dolores Beston, she asked me to find her a crystal ball. I told her I would do it and she asked me to give her a lock of my hair. I didn’t want to give it to her so she didn’t tell me where I could find the crystal ball. However, in the quest log, it appears that she asked me to steal the crystal ball of Madamme Toussade.
5. When I left Tseng Ang after finding out that the Black Mountain Clan was dismissed to the Void, I set the half-ogres free. With their help, I killed all the dark-elves that were in the city. So, when I left the tree and came to the ground, I was attacked by many dark-elves guards (I think that this could be the cause of the bug). After I killed them, I left the city, but Virgil didn’t leave the party. The upload after I killed the guards.
6. And three things about items. The first is that, when I equipped Loghaire (or any other character) with Harrow, in the “attack screen” it appears like this weapon does no damage at all. Also, it is not shown how much mana (50 points) or which spells the Mage’s staff has (I don’t know whether the last one is a bug or not, because in no case it is shown which spells a particular weapon has).
Well, I think that this is all. Good luck with the patch.