Greetings all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magikot, Aug 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Apparently I joined this forum way back in 2003, posted once in the Vampires board, and somehow forgot about this site. Having found and reinstalled all my Troika games and looking to patch them all I stumbled across this site (again). I've been lurking for a few days and seems like this is the place to be for all things Troika. Pleased to meet y'all.

2. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

So wait, you posted in the Vampires board before it came out? :eek:

3. magikot

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    No need to be amazed. The ToEE forum was up and running well before it came out, too. See, it's recognized by the entire planet save Spiffy that announced titles receive hype and general interest prior to release, and that people like to talk about it at forums like this one.

5. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yup, and I'll continue being a smartass until you pull yourself together and start behaving somewhat intelligently or keep going until we reach the decision to ban you. It's not so fucking difficult as it seems, all you need to do is to realize that your posts are in dire need of improvement and make a conscious effort to do so.

It's the difference between biting the head off the bat and proceed to play awesome metal, and give the bat to PETA and then decide it would be better to give the audience a dose of country western.

7. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Yes, this is very true.

I am the community manager of a StarCraft II fan site:

http://www.sc2armory.com/about

(And StarCraft II isn't released yet, and the site's sister site is a fan site of Diablo III, which also isn't released.)

Oh, and heyo magikot. Welcome back to the forums!

And I am sure Spiffy was just joking or acknowledged the uberness of being there before something came out.

8. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

Must everything you say be so depressing? Or is it just me?

9. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

It seems as though you picked out phrases of my words which are depressing. I'm sure if one spent the effort to do such things for nearly anyone they would be able to produce the same effect.

Still, I'm curious as to what you find depressing about that particular phrase you quoted. Are you a StarCraft fan? Or a Diablo fan by any chance?

10. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

Both, even though it's been a while since I've played either. I can't wait for these games to be released! It seems like an eternity, 'til then I'll just occupy my time by playing with random shiny objects.

11. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Hehe.

Well, if you are interested in going to Blizzcon by yourself for free, the StarCraft II/Diablo III Armory is hosting a "make a Diablo III class" competition. The winners of the best 3 submissions will receive a ticket each. The prize will be given at the actual event; there will be a meeting place somewhere, and lodgings/travel would be at your expense. If you are interested at all, here is a link to the completion's thread:

http://www.d3armory.com/forums/topic/3009/?viewPage=1

12. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

I just hope that SC2 and D3 won't suck..
    Hero classes? I can't come up with anything that's less generic than what has already been used. Thanks though.

13. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Yeah, no problem. But the competition is there for anyone who is interested.

I've actually never played Diablo or Diablo II, but I played StarCraft, and I have a feeling that StarCraft II will be exceptional.

And Diablo III I reckon will be very addictive and satisfying.

14. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Yeah, it was just a joke.

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

quote - DE: Yup, and I'll continue being a smartass until you pull yourself together and start behaving somewhat intelligently or keep going until we reach the decision to ban you. It's not so fucking difficult as it seems, all you need to do is to realize that your posts are in dire need of improvement and make a conscious effort to do so.

It's the difference between biting the head off the bat and proceed to play awesome metal, and give the bat to PETA and then decide it would be better to give the audience a dose of country western. - end quote

While I agree with your reasoning, don't you seem a little pissy today. Did someone perform inadequately at last night's gay elf sexathon?

16. magikot

Now I see why you were banned before Garm. What exactly do you get out of hijacking others intro threads and try to make them about yourself?

I read that 6 page emo masterpiece of the idiocy you called logic. Do us a favor and jump off a bridge.

17. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Bit harsh, don'tcha think?

18. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

I'm sure it wasn't intentional; Dark Elf just seems to be particular insensitive to humor, probably even more than myself, or so it appears, or just simply has a different taste of humor to yours.

19. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

magikot, conversation just develops; I'm sure you understand.

I'll consider it.

Anyways, tell us more about yourself. Fill this thread with conversation; after all, it is your thread.

20. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You've got just the right mind for this place. Consider this me accepting you. Welcome to the forums.

Our Host!