Unofficial Arcanum Patch & Extra Pack v080823

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we go. The list of changes is not that big compared to previous releases, but this time almost all changes are important, no typo fixes. (Saves from versions 080626 and 080708 are compatible.)

-Half Elves now can get their BE up to 21.
    -Fixed the wrong position of the sleep UI.
    -Fixed the wrong size of the save/load menu background.
    -Water Elementals now use a correct soundbank.
    -The White Scarf no longer acts like a helmet.
    -Fixed a wrongly positioned ladder in Tarant Sewers.
    -When you exit the blacksmith shop in Stillwater through a door it now correctly changes the ambient track.
    -The quest to kill Prince Farad is now fixed. Prince Farad's death changes the quest state. Fixed problems with King Praetor's dialog, so it's possible to a) give up the task when you already have the quest/tell the truth about the princess' destiny, b) report the death of Prince Farad and actually complete the quest.
    -Restored unused lines in King Praetor's dialog when the PC gets 60+ reaction.
    -The representatives in Caladon Castle are now properly leveled up.
    -Fixed the art for townmap/worldmap menu.
    -Fixed a wrong color in a palette for rabbit cages.
    -Fixed basic proto issues with a Dwarf Villager, Elf Villager and Gnome Villager in Roseborough Inn: correct soundbanks and portraits now.
    -Fixed a broken tile in train tracks outside of Tarant.
    -Thorvald now leaves you if you don't go to the Wheel Clan.
    -Restored unused lines in Thorvald's dialog, now you can ask him about locations.
    -Fa'al Kin's Gauntlets are no longer technological, so now characters with technophobia won't get stuck in the maze.
    -Murgo now leaves you if you take too long.
    -Moved wait commands in Murgo's dialog so they're consistent with other followers' dialogs. Also removed the heal option and some wrong conditions.
    -Fixed wrong conditions in Magnus' dialog. Now he won't join you in all cases if you've negotiated with Schuylers.
    -Fixed a problem in Magnus' dialog when you were getting duplicated lines if you've negotiated with Schuylers and had Torian Kel in your party.
    -It's possible to have Magnus in your party if you've negotiated with Schuylers, AND also killed them. Now all rejoining lines make a check for this.

-Magnus can no longer make things for you when he's waiting.
    -It's no longer possible to recycle Sebastian's dialog and take the other one of his two quests.
    -Fixed Wesley and Brinda's dialogs. The lines related to the investigation for Mrs. Misk are no longer available if you don't have the quest.
    -Shocking Staff and Electrocution Grenade now have their original sound effects restored.
    -Knock Out Gas Grenade and Mustard Gas Grenade no longer damage party members.
    -Restored original sound effects for acid.
    -Fixed several problems with Regenerative Jacket. Fixed the wrong description and the ground art, restored original sound effects.

-Myrth's quest now gets botched if you kill him.
    -Fixed 9 art pieces used in sewers wall type. No more blue pixels.
    -Restored VO for Torian Kel's lines when you find his ancestral sword (but only the first line is voiced).

-Added some missing conditions to Bane of Kree's dialog.
    -Removed the Potion of Paralysis schematic, since it's redundant.
    -Fixed several problems with 15 master mages' dialogs (all but the water's one). Now it's impossible to accept a chance for a mastery with less than 5 spells learned (the mastery can be only granted with 5 spells learned). Fixed conditions for the line "I've improved my skills", fixed a check for the line "I've enhanced my magick aura". Fixed some other problems.
    -Fixed Master Mage of Water's dialog. Now it's actually possible to accept his quest for the mastery.
    -The flag for a mastery chance now doesn't get reset after you complete the test, so now it's impossible to accept the quest for another mastery (which is pointless).
    -The lines related to the werewolf quest are no longer repeatable in Master Mage of Morph's dialog.

-All weapons that have a mana bonus now reflect this in their descriptions.
    -Descriptions for Mage's Staff, Staff of Healing and Shaman's Staff now list spells.

Download the UAP 080823

The Extra Pack has been updated as well.

-Restored art for Great Helm.
    -Restored art for Mage's Staff, Shaman's Staff and Staff of Healing.
    -Restored attack sound effects for Half-Ogres, Ogres and Orcs.

Download the Extra Pack 080823

I'd also like to add that the UAP project will probably be continued, at this pace (i.e. a new version each 1.5-2 months). Anyway, comment, ask questions, report more bugs, or just say thanks.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

3. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

4. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

This may be already fixed, but I just came across it while restarting and thought I'd throw it in real quick. If you are a half-ogre, at the beginning when Virgil mentions it, you're dialogue option asks what's wrong with beng half-orc, not half-ogre.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was fixed a few months ago.

6. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Sorry about that!

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Great stuff Drog! Thanks!

One thing, and I'm not sure if you addressed this in an earlier version....

Since you fixed the KO and Mustard Gas Grenades so they don't affect your party members....is this fix also available for the Hallucination Grenade, which also used to to affect your party?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, since it's not in the changelog, then it wasn't changed, obviously.

Hallucination Grenade has no problems, its AoE doesn't damage party members. You're probably throwing the grenade straight at your party member, and this is considered offensive not only with all grenades, but with all items altogether.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

uhhh.there is 1 more bug and it isn't good...i hope that not only i have it,but in BMC mines where Thorvald is(i'm not sure the name is right)...there is a dwarf,who can train you as an expert in disarm traps or something like that(sry but i really dun rem).anyways....i didn't have any skill at all....i could train,i lost my gold and nothing happend...and same thing happend,when i had 3 points in it,i lost gold,but no training......

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's Thrayne Iron Heart from the Wheel Clan. His dialog wasn't making a check for the skill level. That was fixed a long time ago.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh ok :)

12. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Alright...I'll do some testing based on what you said :)

Thank you for being so quick to respond!

13. stylex

stylex Member

Thankyou, nice patches you create here. :)

Our Host!