Remove follower count

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Oracle, Nov 14, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

Hello,

I was wondering if someone knows how to remove the follower count. It's probably unclear so let me try to explain. Some followers like the Dog do not count a follower so he can join you even if your already have a maximum party.

what i want is to do this for all possible joinable NPCs. I tried editing the maximum followers but 7 seems to be the maximum. Also I dislike the idea of dominating their will. So in my case if seems that the removal of the followerd count would be the best sollution.

any ideas on how to do this?

tnx

2. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

I don't have Arcanum currently installed, but according to my notes this should do the trick.

Open Arcanum.exe (1.0.7.4 EN or UAP) in a hex editor. Change 0x07 at 0x1B5240 to 0x64 (100) or some other arbitrary value. This is the cap for the max followers stat. Then change 0x01 at 0x1B51D0 to the same number, this is the minimum possible value in this stat. E.g. if you set both values to 0x64, then your in-game max followers limit will always be 100, no matter what.

3. Oracle

Oracle Member

Sweet! I'll try to figure how this hex editing works.
    Tnx

Edit:

Got it to work, max followers 100 !!!
    thanks again!

4. Wiggel

Wiggel New Member

Hello together,

I'm sorry that I push this topic after 5 years, but my problem is almost the same. I want to remove the follower cap and tried this hint by Elder Joachim. It seems that the Hex-Lines are different in the german version I have, so I wanted to ask if anybody knows which Hex-Lines need to be edited so I can remove the cap in the german version?

Our Host!