Shadowrun Returns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 5, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

This sounds like Arcanum set three hundred years in the future.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I played the shit out of Shadowrun for the Super Nintendo back in the day.

THE SHIT OUT OF

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY ZOMBIES I HAVE SLAIN WHILE STANDING SAFELY BEHIND A COFFIN

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I'm going to read that link so hard.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Looks like the tablet technology is reinvigorating classic RPG gaming.

6. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Fuck it, rent can be late this month. Donated.

7. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I have Shadowrun PnP sitting on drive right now though I haven't got round to reading it thoroughly. Still I've always been intrigued by the setting and any classic style rpg set in that sort of universe will be amazing, so I've donated. I'll have to tell my brother if he doesn't already know, he loves Shadowrun with bells on and I know he has a Kickstarter account.

8. TheDavisChanger

Probably fewer than the number of guttersnipes I've waxed while safely wedged between the rusting shells of two cars.
    The Caryards -- where I perfected the grind.

9. Jojobobo

It looks like they're going to get well over a million dollars funding based on the last few days, so the question is where would you want the second city? I know voting for it hasn't started, but it's always fun to speculate.

I guess I would want a European city, mainly for the contrast in setting and mood to a Northern American one, but apart from that I'm not too picky. One in the UK would be cool, but so equally would be any major European city really. I would also want want the game lengths in both cities to be similar, i.e. not like Vormantown and Arcanum.

10. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

That was the real kick in the balls for that game. You were super, super weak right in the beginning of the game. You basically have to grind until you're at least 70 or so health right next to the very first save point or you'll die to a random hitman spawn insta-kill-10 health bullshit shot.

Took me awhile but I managed to find a copy of that SNES game locally and finally popped it in and enjoyed it, but the cart was bugged and when I cast Summon Spirit the first time the game glitched and all my save files erased....

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Of course, nothing is quite as epic as the Shadowrun PnP, especially since you need to roll like 20 d6's every round.

12. Jojobobo

Its reached over a $1,000,000 and it looks like it will continue to rise too. Apparently if they hit $1.5 mil then they'll release an exclusive mission only for the backers tying in content from both the SNES and Genesis games.

13. magikot

Hopefully when my check comes in this week I can upgrade to the $125 for the dog tags. Sounds exciting. :)

14. TheDavisChanger

Are you serious? You'll pay $125 for a game you can pay $15 for? (How much have you paid already?)

I have to admit, I really liked the concept of KICKSTARTER when I first heard about it -- fan-funded projects. Maybe HBO's Carnivale can finally be finished! I guess not.
    Unfortunately, it hasn't taken long for KICKSTARTER to become an overpriced t-shirt outlet.

(Although I have to admit, the boxed set with dog tags and soundtracks does sound pretty cool.)

15. magikot

I have only done $15 at the moment (decided not to actually let rent be late this month). I originally planned to up it to $60 for the shirt and because I really, REALLY want a personalized DocWagon card.

For the hardcover version of the Anthology, a disc version of the game, dog tags featuring a digital version plus additional content, and a poster (on top of the shirt, special ability, and DocWagon card) the $125 level seems like a standard collector's edition price.

Sounds reasonable to me.

16. TheDavisChanger

I finally ponied up for the dog tags myself. I'm almost ashamed.

17. Jojobobo

I raised mine up to $30 once I heard they sweetened the deal. I'm not very much into collectables but I'm a sucker for additional content.

And you should be ashamed TDC, not for upping to $125 but for being a massive hypocrite!

Go me, I finally worked out how to link to specific posts.

18. magikot

Until this finally gets released there are some free shadowrun based games you can play to tide you over.

Shadowrun Corrosion - seems to be a browser based game (I haven't played it... yet)
    Awakened Worlds - a MUD
    Decker - open-sourced and nintendo hard, can crash a lot on the higher level runs.

19. Jojobobo

Not entirely sure if people would be interested, and not entirely sure if this is the right place for it but I didn't think it warranted its own thread; there's another interesting RPG on Kickstarter called Grim Dawn - it looks pretty like a pretty fun Diablo-esque action RPG, it's also set in a Victorian style world like some other RPG I can't remember the name of. My brother told me about it when I told him about Shadowrun Returns. I guess I'm not too sure if I'll back it though, on top of backing Shadowrun I recently splurged on the remaining expansions to Fallout: New Vegas so I think I'm pretty cashed out for the time being.

20. TheDavisChanger

It isn't Shadowrun, but it's turn-based and it's tactical and it should be available this year.
    <object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3uHHmTSDCvA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3uHHmTSDCvA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    It's also long overdue.

Our Host!