What should I spend my remaining points at?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Dark Elf, Feb 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    My Half-Ogre, Baltazar Stormhammer, is lv 25 and has spent his points this way:

Str 24 Int 5
    Con 15 Wp 5
    Dex 20 Per 7
    Be 7 Cha 8

Melee 4
    Dodge 3 (or something like that)

What should I spend the rest of my points at? I shall raise con to 20, I believe.

Shall I max out willpower afterwards, and then go for some spells?

Or should I raise perception and master the firearms skill? (How good is firearms to have for an ogre?)

Or should I do something completely different?

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

To do something useful with firearms you must develop a techie character and invest your points in gunsmithy, preferably also in electricity, otherwise you'll be only able use the guns you can buy/steal/find while the best ones are to be assembled by you.

You should become Master in both Melee and Dogdge, then maybe raise your constitution. Personally I don't like playing dumb characters so I'd also raise Int. Though it's OK if you go for Willpower and some healing spells.

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

stri45sic

It was a double post and I couldn't delete it, sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2002-02-11 22:05 ]</font>

4. Gonk

Gonk New Member

Warning: Half-ogres can't use firearms (at least the manual says so). Constitution isn't something I ever raise, much less max out since it isn't a very useful stat. On the other hand there's little reason to power-build a melée-character.
    The spell "shield of protection" is nice for half-ogres.

5. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Half-Ogres can not use guns. Also you might want to raise your cha to allow for more followers.

6. Milo

Milo New Member

I would go ahead and spend at least 3 points in Backstab and get expert training. This'll let you do a lot of extra damage during turn-based fighting, and with expert training, you can use swords and axes to backstab.

From there, you're pretty much set. You'll be able to beat the game with the character you have, so any other abilities or stats that you add are just gravy. I'd probably spend a few more CPs in Intelligence and Charisma to open up more quests and dialogue options. I'd get my haggle skill up to expert level just to make trading easier.

Hmmm... You might as well master melee and dodge. Backstabbing with melee mastery and a filament sword is fun. Lots of critical hits. Other than that, maybe get up to the Haste spell in the Temporal college of magic.

If you do all that, you'll probably be unstoppable.

7. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Yeah, I read that from the menu too...

But in another module (IIRC Buried Treasure, the one you go into swarmp to deliver a gun to someone), my half-ogre can equip a large gun (IIRC it's an elephant gun or hunting rifle? or some guns that looks large).

Is it that half-ogre can use larger guns, or is it just a bug in that module?

8. Milo

Milo New Member

Half-0gres can only use two handed guns like rifles. They can't use handguns.

Our Host!