potatoes

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sir Nimhrgh, Oct 4, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sir Nimhrgh

Sir Nimhrgh New Member

Where the hell can one poor technologist find some potatoes. I have lemons thou.

Sir N.

2. Settler

Settler Member

I couldn't find them either, though they're supposed to be in the Shrouded Hills fields.

Looks like you'll have to fork out for the batteries!

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Forget about LP charges - you can only ever make a limited number, so it's better to stockpile on charges instead.

However, if you do want to take advantage of the few free charges you can make, then check the squat, brown plants in the fields of Shrouded Hills and Ashbury. They are two of the few places you can actually get potatoes. Also, be sure to check carefully, as only one or two of those plants actually contain potatoes - most of them are simply objects.

Once you know what you are looking for, you'll see a few other plants around the game, but not many.

4. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Yes, the potato charges are useless. But fun in their own quirky sort of way. I have found them in Shrouded Hills and Ashbury, and even one or two in the middle of nowhere.

5. Settler

Settler Member

I tried the Chris Beddoes mod yesterday - there seems to be a lot more mushrooms around...did you also notice that the first letter of Chris' name, C, which corresponds with 3, is not equal to the first letter of Beddoes, which starts with B, corresponding to 2! I think I'm onto something!

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

And your idea for another government conspiracy is...?

7. Settler

Settler Member

8. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

The only potatoes I've ever found are the ones behind the half-orc smith's house in Blackroot. Then again, I never really cared to look...

-Poiuyt Man

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

What kind of terain?

Most anywhere there is agriculture, there are likely potatoes.

10. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

But who would bother with l/p charges while there's a lot acid and metal bars lying all around. Not to mention how many of those are in shops.

11. Sir Nimhrgh

Sir Nimhrgh New Member

Thanx for the info. i was just trying to find some potatoes for the fun of it. In the mean time Acid/metal plates charges did the trick

Sir N.

12. Gavla

Gavla New Member

They'd be really handy if they were around.
    I remember putting a couple of points into herbology, because I noticed how much Kadura and Ginkgo were around. Every time I got stopped for the first bit of the game there'd be some lying around, there was always some around the edges of towns.
    But after I learnt the schematic, the stuff suddenly became very thin on the ground, and I started having to pay shopkeepers for it.
    Very useful, because before you mix it up it's so LIGHT!

13. Force Of Evil

Force Of Evil New Member

I know that there are potatoes in Shrouded Hills, just behind the blacksmith there is a field with two lemon tree is in it. Between the two trees are the potatoeplants

14. Sir Nimhrgh

Sir Nimhrgh New Member

I found bunch of potato plants and lemon trees in Caladon, just south of that house with werewolf quest. Every free charge for my tesla gun is put to good use. :wink:

Our Host!