Other than "Joined with Kerghan..." shi**y ending

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by whisper, Aug 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. whisper

whisper New Member

Hi all this is my first post - if someone asked this Q before direct me to the thread. If not good for me... i've played the game over and over with all kind of characters but whenever i get into discussion with Kerghie at the end i always end up "Joining with him" although i smack his sorry a*s down and say i'm gonna be a god... now - HOW do i trigger the game right so it shows me a nice "ME - A GOD OF ARCANUM" ending - after all i played this game since it first came out and installed it again a few days ago so i think i deserve a little ego boost :)))))

All jokes aside is it a bug that i can't see other endings than "Goody good goodman goes to Goodieville" style and "Sitting and waiting for death to come"???

2. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

There has been a lot of conjecture on this point (simply use the search function and look for "god quest" or "god ending") and no one seems to have stepped forward and stated conclusively that they have gotten the "god ending". We figure that this was something that the programmers never got around to implementing.

Next time, use the search function and have a little more patience instead of making it more difficult for people of the future to use the search function.

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I believe that one or two people HAVE had the nice ending, but I can't recall the circumstances. It was a rare event to say the least. Perhaps running a search for it might reveal the answers, but I'm going to suggest it politely rather than ramming it down your throat like a brick, as Chuppa Chups did. It might even be that these people edited the game somehow, but you never know.

Anyway, welcome to the forums Whisper. :wavey: Feel free to post new topics like this one, but run a search first just in case it's been brought up already. The board is very established now and has a huge database full of hints, tips and discussions that could prove highly enlightening. However, there are still topics that have yet to be brought up, so don't let anyone put you off.

4. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Gimme a break, Ferret. "Ramming it down" his throat like a "brick" would have looked a lot more like: YOU DUMBASS NUB USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION AND STOP WASTING FORUM SPACE WITH YOUR MINDLESS DRIVEL!!! I DON'T WANNA SEE YOUR SORRY HIDE BACK IN HERE AGAIN WITHOUT A LEGITIMATE REASON AND A SIGNED PERMISSION FORM FROM YOUR LEGAL GUARDIANS, YOU INSIGNIFICANT RETCH!!! Most likely without the suggestion that the ending hadn't been implemented and the implication that I had already read some threads on the subject. Also, the last time I checked being polite didn't consist of snubbing another person's viewpoint to make your own look better; nor did it consist of purposefully mispronouncing said person's name. The fact that I wasn't putting whisper off was as apparent as the fact that I wasn't being obtusely impolite.

5. whisper

whisper New Member

I got it!!!!!! Wheeeeeee, i had to "mod" the game but i got it...

There is an error in the dialog script with Kerghie or in the slide script if you like it better it can probably be fixed there also... but since i haven't bothered findind endgame slide script i fixed Kerghie's dialog so that answers that lead to a fight AFTER you have joined him unset the global flag 2632 ( joined with Kerghan ) so that the game happily runs your "I'm a god I kick ass!" scene or any other that was to be seen if you killed kerghan after all... i might also do this if i set kerhan's death to clear the flag, it would be more effective don't you think? BUT since i saw what i wanted, and do not want to get stuck in modding the game ( xcept i'm gonna put Krygyrd's Butter Knife or Torian Kel's Silverware in a chest in Shrouded Hills :))... its up to new generations to xperiment with this... godd luck people i'm going back to study for my exams... 8)

6. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I think it's lame that the designers didn't make it so that you could get this ending without modification.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

People have gotten the god ending without modifaction. You need to be patched, you need to be 100% good, you ned to have completed the god quest. You need other things as well. It was diccused on the VU Arcanum board recently. If it was recently enough that it has not yet evaporated, I will glean the relevant info & post it.

Whisper, pay absolutly no heed to the Burrito Bandito. He uses his nasty little messages & flaming arguments to boost his post count ( a big thing here, I know not why) when he has nothing to contribute to the thread. If a decent search does not turn up what you need, just ask & don't waste keystrokes on an "I have searched" line. If you got a close hit, but not what you are really looking for, just reference that thread in your post. Do not post to an old thread. Around here, that is called gravedigging & someone who has power here really cares about it. And that person is not the Taquito Tapeworm.

8. whisper

whisper New Member

Well, there is a possibility that it can be done without modding BUT - first line in endslide script ( 00997EndSlides.scr ) says this:

Code:
    IF Global Flag 2632=1
    THEN do nothing
    ELSE goto line 3
    meaning that it will play slide 1 ( deadworld.bmp) etc... so if you EVER joined Kerghan flag 2632 will be set and that is it...

rest of the script checks for other two evil endings - dark god, death's champion...

SO the condition for becoming a god and not modding is to get a "what kind of god?" question BEFORE you join kerghan so there is no need to clear 2632... i've searched through the kerghan's dlg file i found no such line of conversation... so either you have a different version of the game or the people who told you didn't consider this modding and "forgot" to mention it to you :))) There is again a chance that i might be a blind hermit who can't see a link to a dlg line but what the hell...

9. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Why are you so sore at me, Shadygrove?? Do I sense a trace of jealousy, or maybe a prejudice??

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Now that I wouldn't know. I research by playing, not reading scripts. I haven't seen nearly all the endings yot.

Those, for instance.

Probably not, but you can go crosseyed & blind if you keep that up. Some of the stuff I have seen quoted from the code reminds me of the spagetti code days. Made me want to take a highlighter to my screen. :lol:

Our Host!