WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Sep 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Just to let everyone know. Do not EVER, and I mean ever, go on a road/car trip longer than 1-hr with two children under the age of three. Plus a spouse. Your mental stability is not worth it!!! :)

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

haha, i'm 18 and you're old. i'm gonna get a visectomy as soon as i have my first kid.

3. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Sleek, what makes you think that any woman wants to have your child?

4. Canis

Canis New Member

The headmistress of my junior high used to gaze unamused upon the boys in my class as they engaged in whatever sophomoric antic that currently held their attention, and she would declare, "Women will never go out with you."

RPJ, this is yet another example of a pointless, unengaging, poorly thought out post from you lot. Don't you think it would be more interesting had you recounted the story behind the sentiment? Please, shower us with the details of your ordeal. Allow us to empathize with your torment, and laugh at the absurdity of it all.

You may think Cliff Notes is high literature, but many of us here would rather read the novel.

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Wow, I think I am going to set this at an overly small font size, and add it to my signature.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Wow, that's a nice line. It wasn't even directed at me and I feel the pain :lol:

You had a headmistress? Were you in a catholic school? One more question, if those kids were in junior high, and engaging in SOPHOMORIC actions, wouldn't that mean they were behaving older than they should be? After all, sophmores are 10th graders, and junior highs run 7-9 or something like that. I never went to junior high, my school is combined. Pre-K to 6th, and then 7th to 12th. It's rather annoying, because I'm a junior now, and all the little 7th graders have yet to learn how to use a locker. Do you know how dangerous a 100 pound little boy is carrying a 50 pound backpack. ABSOLUTELY no control over their bodies!

But anyway, now for something reasonably on topic. That rule you state applies not only to children, but alot of people. If you cannot go a week living with someone witout becoming reasonably irrate with them at least 3 times a week, then don't go on a trip of over 3 hours with them. Perfect example to come:

My sister. This girl is so annoying. She once got into a fight with me about making fruit punch. It's not like I drink the damn punch, but I still should make it for her and her loser friends so they are hydrated when they get drunk and throw up on my porch. Of course, you would think the beer would hydrate them, but no, they have sensitive palates evidently. I have scars in my shoulder from this girl, because she went nuts on me and dug her damn nails into me.

But that's off the topic of travel AGAIN, I just can't get focused can I. Anyway, my mom and the two of us are doing a road trip from NYC to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. 2,200 miles round trip, and over 23 hours in the car at a time, have to do that TWICE. Sounds fun :/ ? I know. Anyway, so up till South Carolina every thing is fine. Little things about her bitching her cell phone reception is bad, and the air smells, but not too bad. I managed through 12 hours of listening to her crap, I mean rap, on the cd player, and it was peachy. Then we go to a motel. Does not stop bitching the ENTIRE night. Then we finally make it to Florida late the next day, tensions rising etc. Thought it would be better after the ride. We go down to see family, but how come she only comes back to the hotel one night in a week down there? First night she's out partying. Not to mention how she racked up a 600 dollar phone bill talking to all of her boyfriends. I'm with my uncle and aunt, who neither of us have seen in God know's how long, and she's out walking the beach at 3 in the morning! Oh, and on the way back! By god, I thought we were going to kill each other! From South Carolina to New Jersey we were alternating moody silence, blasting the music to purposely drown out the other, nd screaming at each other. Of course around Jersey you hit the wannabe NYC drivers, who are crazy and aggressive, and bad drivers to boot, so we were able to redirect our aggression. That's the end of my story; beware long car rides with family.

Oh, and a side note. Just becaue you live NEAR NYC, doesn't make you a NYC driver. For some reason, rush hour makes alot of good drivers come out of NY. Alot of them are pushy and mean, but they are GOOD drivers. And if you are from Hoboken, and you think you're a NYC driver, you're wrong. You might be as much of an asshole as a city driver, but it's something about manuvering in Manhatten and Brooklyn that is so great for your drving ability. It's like taking a 24-hour road test.

7. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

lol, That's why I live out west. :) and 100lb bodies with 50lb backpacks are VERY useful, and VERY fun, have you ever circled one with a group of friends and 'passed' him from person to person? you do that until he's really dizzy, then just walk away :lol: they also make great weapons: a girl bugging you? grab a sevie and push! 150lb flailing missle!!!! :D I think Bellevue (washington) drivers are the worst on the West Coast, especially the bleach-blonde don't-got a-damned-clue-where I'm goin girls... they bug me... unless it's flash Friday, then I hunt'em down with my friends and thier older brothers :D :lol: :D

8. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Just wait till one of those 100 lb boys with 50 lb backpacks decks you on the chin. I was picked on heavily in school, until my 9th grade year. That's the year that a bunch of guys got in a circle around me, and started pushing me around. When they pushed me into a certain boy named Billy, a boy that had been tormenting me since the 2nd grade, I automatically swung and bruised my knuckles on his jaw. I had never hit another human being in my life. Let me also say that that was the only fight I ever got in and didn't get my ass kicked. Pure rage just racked my body. I really felt sorry for him immediately after it was over, because I've never, ever hit anybody that many times, or that hard. He was stronger than me, and could whip me if he wanted, but I had surprise, rage, and several years of anger going for me. This kid used to send me home crying when I was young. He was never big, or the kind of bully that would beat you up, he was worse. He was extremely smart, and he had about the quickest wit I've seen even up to now. Instead of using that to make people laugh, he used it to cut people down, and make others laugh at his victim of the moment. The psychological torment was worse than any ass-kicking I ever got by any muscle-head bully. (My bulldog-mouth frequently got my canary-ass in trouble)

Surprisingly enough, Billy and I actually became friends after that. Go figure.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i just fought so much in the 6th and seventh grade that no one picked on me ever again... oh wait.. i moved that year, so i guess no one in teas picked on me after i moved to louisianna...

the best thing about having people mock you is to laugh in their faces, and completely fuck with them. guy i knew in my old school in california used to always talk shit about me and say he'd kick my ass every time i made an intelligent argument to counter what he said. so what did i to come time for the homecoming dance? i asked the girl he wanted to go with! i am much more attractive than he is, and he's a giant flaming ass hole, and i'm a pretty nice, intelligent guy, (barring my forum rep i guess, but does anyone put to much thought into these? i consider you guys to be intelligent just based on your taste in games) so i went with her and he hated me even more, but he didnt say anything to me for a few months.

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

RPjunkie, that concept, car trip with small kids = small taste of hades, has been a comic strip standard for all my life. At least. I am courious about what made you think it would be different with your kids. Parental pride? Were you & your spouse both only children?

Matt_Thorn, when I first got to Seattle from New York City, with all those N. Y. driving skills that Blinky refers to fully intact & honed razor sharp by my atempt at racing in the SCCC I decided that Seattle drivers were the most polite & oblivious I had ever seen. Today the are still oblivious. The orentials here are worse than the Belevue blonds. There is an expresion, DWO, Driving while Orential. I have a friend, ethnicly Korean, who calls herself "a clasic case of DWO." AT 80 MPH. (133 KPH) in a Juguar sedan.

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

12. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I was/am one of five, and my wife does have two siblings but did not grow up with them. I have always thought(even before stupidly wondering down the parental trail) that all children should come with warning labels! :) :cry:

The story goes like this
    So that is the short version of my trip to my grandmother's birthday party and of my life at this current juncture in time.
    GOD I LOVE MY CHILDREN! :D :thumbdown: :) :-? :-x :razz: :thumbup: :-? :-o :roll: :/ :cry: :cry: :cry: :) :???:

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Okay, go to a book shelf. Look on it for a dictionary. Find sophomoric in it and read the definition. Since you're probably too lazy to do this I'll just tell you that sophomoric means immature, not acting like a sophmore. There's even a difference in spelling that could help clue you in. If that minute detail went over your head, just remember that in the English language most words don't relate to words that you think they should.

14. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

If you would truly like the full version of excursion with my family, then perhaps(if I am begged) I would write that in my next post! :)

The stay at the hotel should give you a laugh, or four. It was something very similar to a good roamance movie:
    There is also a bit of Greek tragedy in there too. Something that you know is going suck ass :thumbdown: , yet you still can't stop yourself from wondering what happens next :-? ---AND WATCHING TO FIND OUT :) !

For now I bid thee all

Our Host!