magine a place of wonder, where magic and technology hold equal sway, and an adventurer might just as easily wield a flintlock pistol as a flaming sword. A place where great industrial cities house castle keeps and factories, home to Dwarves, Humans, Orcs and Elves alike. A place of ancient runes and steamworks, of magic and machines, of sorcery and science.
Welcome to the Land of Arcanum
Arcanum is the first game to come from the development house Troika Games, LLC, started by former Fallout team members Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, and Jason Anderson. This team takes the depth of gameplay and world-building in role-playing games to entirely new levels of realism and excitement.
Arcanum creates a compelling new world where magic and technology coexist in an uneasy balance. As Arcanum opens, the mechanical age has only recently arrived in this ancient land where Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and other races have learned to survive in the new sprawling industrialized cities. But this radical shift from magic to technology has created a potentially explosive situation. As the townspeople and other thinkers begin mass production of light bulbs, batteries, eyeglasses and guns, the Mages grow leery. This tightly wound setting is the starting point from which the character must set out on his quest.
- Classless, point-based attribute system allows for limitless creativity in guiding your character's development.
- Complex stat system underlies every event taking place within Arcanum.
- Customize your character, including 8 basic stats (Strength and Charisma), more than a dozen derived stats (Poison Resistance and Character Speed), 16 primary skills (Gambling and Healing), 80 spells within 16 colleges, and 56 technological degrees within 8 disciplines.
- Automatic character management features let you delve into the quest at hand for action-oriented players.
- Explore a huge game environment, with dozens of cities, dungeons, and towns to find.
- Meet more than 300 unique characters and 280 different monster types across the land of Arcanum.
- Multiple paths to victory abound in the scores of quests surrounding the main storyline.
- Accurate day/night cycles affect the gameplay, from combat to thieving skills.
- Take on a band of ogres in real-time, or plan your strategy through a turn-based system of combat - you choose.
- Take the adventure online cooperatively or competitively over the Internet or LAN.
Minimum Single Player System Requirements
Pentium II 300, 64MB RAM
1.2 GB Free disk space
DirectX compatible 8MB video card
Windows compatible sound card
Minimum Multiplayer System Requirements
33.6 Kbps Modem
Up to 8 Players
TCP/IP Network (Requires low-latency internet connection with support for 32-bit applications)
Optional 3D Acceleration
Direct3D compatible video card with 8MB RAM